Boiler Reviews

"Heats home and hot water"

I've owned a Polaris since 1992 and it has worked very well for many years. The unit is very high efficiency (95%+) and heats my water and my home in the coldest weather (-5 to -10 below 0 F). The parts needing replacement were the hot surface ignitor (every 4 years) the internal thermostat and the Robertshaw control. The control failure was my error. In 2008 it developed a leak. I was surprised because it has a stainless steel tank. Suppliers wanted $5000.00 to replace it. It cost me $1500 in '92. So I decided to rent it from our city utility at a cost of $50/month. When the rental was installed I discovered the source of the leak was a pipe nipple on the tank, so there was nothing wrong with my old Polaris!

Ken Tait

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

"Commercial 199,000 Btu/hr, 50 gallon Natl Gas"

Installed a commercial Polaris boiler for both my radiant heat & domestic hot water. Works until you really need it (I.E., the weather gets cold and heating cycles increase), very unreliable. We've had problems since the first week of operation. Problems resulted in replacing faulty pressure switches, the ignition control board, firing contacts and numerous ignitors. Not what you'd expect from a so called high efficiency, high tech, commercial grade, and very expensive boiler. Wouldn't recommend, especially for any radiant heating application!

D. Armour