Pennco Boiler Reviews

"The Absolute Worst!"

Nine years ago we had a Pennco 15b installed and within two years started having nothing but problems. Now 9 years later it's leaking water from the block and totally rusted beyond belief. Sears who did the original installation will have nothing to do with the repair and Pennco said I have to get in touch with the Wholesaler Sid Harvey. Sid Harvey gave me the runaround, didn't return emails and told me I have to get in touch with a dealer. After calling 5 NJ dealers and again getting the runaround and no return calls I finally found j'cee Plumbing who agreed to take on the job of replacing the Boiler. After waiting 7 days for the new Boiler to come in and every 3 hours dumping a pan of water that was leaking from the bottom, J"Cee came out and took the old Pennco 15b apart! The block and inside of the unit totally rusted with holes all over the place! I mean Come On Man, it didn't even last 10 years. At this rate pennco will need there own garbage dump! Never dealing with Pennco or Sears or Sid Harvey Again! Fast to sell you something but forget about getting something fixed! You are on your own! All Crap!

George Gumeny

Wayne, NJ

"Pennco Boilers are Junk"

Pennco Boilers are junk. I have 6 of them and they are nothing but trouble. Amazingly, I had three different installers put them in and they all recommended Pennco, so I guess the others are worse than Pennco. Can't anyone make a quality product anymore? Pennco won't even support their product. The main control boards are known to be bad and they refuse to replace them for me. I have had to replace two already and the boilers are only a couple years old.

Kevin

Pennsylvania

"Very bad."

Pennco cast iron boiler from the first year too much headache I'll never advice somebody to buy Pennco cast iron it will never work on cold days. Very very bad.

MT

Philadelphia

"Bad Investment"

Installed a Pennco boiler in January of 2013. It worked fine the first winter. I have it professionally maintained every year, and it still manages to stop working once a season from 2014 on, the last time it failed was on January 26, 2017.

Frank

Chicago, IL

"Not happy"

I had 2 units installed in my 2 family house. They've been nothing but trouble since. Either one or the other unit has had to be reset to get heat. The second floor keeps failing while it's 20 degrees out. The installer claims something bent one of the burners, which is under a metal case. I'm not buying it. It seems these units are substandard. Not worth it!

D Barclay