Peerless Boiler Reviews

"Hvac master tech"

I've been reading these reviews, it seems a lot of the peoples problems seem to stem from poor installation. The way the boiler operates is how well the person installing it is trained. I do not recommend using oil companies to install boilers. What they do best, is fill your oil tank. As far as boiler installation, I make fun of most plumbers and all oil company technicians, they just dont care! If anyone plans on buying a boiler, do your homework, find a reputable hvac company. They do not sell oil! They do not use the biggest oil nozzle to put in your boiler when you really dont need something that big. hvac companies can tune your boiler to such efficiency, that you will be extremely impressed. Remember how well your boiler operates or doesn't operate will depend on how well it is installed and set-up, That will make you or break you. Its not the tool, Its the person behind the tool. If anybody has any questions, e-mail me.

Richard

"Do Not Buy this product"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

Purchased this boiler to replace original installed in house in 1957 to be "more efficient". Original Unit never broke down. Have this unit 4 years, I have tuned it up every year, replaced the filters and kept it running as best I can. Recenetly replaced Aquastat, mixer valve and my motor just died. I am $400 into the repair and am awaiting the repairman to replace my motor $$$$$$. I would not recommend this unit.

Joe Nuzzo

"Peerless Boiler problems"

After three years and ten months, the blower fan on our Peerless furnace began to click loudly. $535 dollars later it was repaired. The new part has begun clicking again, less than two months after being installed. The furnace is loud, making sounds like a diesel engine starting on a very cold morning, every time it starts. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

David and Patti Williams

Minnesota

"P-140"

Since installation the boiler has locked out for over 18 different faults. Never going more that 3 weeks with out having to be reset.

Steve Galante

Hawley, PA

"1978 peerless jot3su model"

Excellent boiler from 1978-2007 no problems at all except for replacing the fiber combustion chamber which was no big deal this was equipped with a Carlin 100crd oil burner that was also trouble free. We replaced boiler with a Dunkirk/lennox boiler in 2007 for some efficiency but the Beckett burner with the clean cut fuel pump is problematic..

mike