Peerless Boiler Reviews

"Unhappy Customer"

I would not recommend this boiler to anyone; horrible; mislead by our oil company. Thought we would get a nice modern looking, quieter, easier to operate boiler. Not the case. It looks barbaric, is noisy and requires constant emptying due to "pickling". So unhappy with it. Sorry we ever bought it. Also warranty is not transferable to new owner if we sell the house. Hate it.

J. Mullen

Bellmore, NY

"Many days without heat & had to replace after only 6 years"

This Peerless Pinnacle boiler cost us thousands of dollars before we gave up and replaced it. The warranty was never honored and the heater was only 6 years old! We spent many nights trying to keep our house from having frozen pipes as well as our personal discomfort (a very cold 2016 Christmas week) UPDATE: 2017-02-11 Our 6 year old unit ended up costing us over $9000 with the removal, replacement, adjustments, new oil tank, and time off work. Never, never, buy a Peerless Pinnacle anything.

Elizabeth kelly

Westchester, PA

"Peerless: Wake up cold"

High efficiency and lower consumption translates into "you can't be charged for gas if your boiler doesn't work". Whatever I would have picked up in efficiency, I've paid out in repairs as I have changed out almost every part of the boiler and the system still fails to work. I wake every morning to a cold house because the igniter won't fire correctly and god forbid you contact Peerless, they literally hang up on you.

Jeff convoy

Parsippany, NJ

"140"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

I have worked on HVAC for 30 years. I have never had to replace a flame sensor! They usually foul out because they get dirty. If you clean them with steel wool or grit cloth, they should be fine. Make sure that the boiler slopes to the back. It is in the manual ! If it does not slope, the condensate will not drain and foul out the sensor! As for the flow sensor, they do go bad. Also the blower (Version 1) does go bad. I have no knowledge of a pressure sensor. Make sure that the vent pipes are installed correctly. Also, make sure that the unit has been combustion analyzed. This is also very important!

Bill Rhoads

Pennsylvania

I've had this piece of junk for 11 years and pretty much every year I had to replace some part on it. It finally crapped out completely. My last boiler lasted 25 years. Do not get this brand unless you want to spend a ton of money on maintenance costs every year.

Armen