Payne Furnace Reviews

"Pain furnace is crap."

Code 33…every single day. Tried everything to fix it. Don't buy a pain.

T. Beyerl

Wisconsin

"Great Buy…. Very Happy"

I recently had a new Payne furnace installed in my home and am very happy with its performance. It's quieter than I expected and having two stages of heat helps keep the temperature in the house from fluctuating. I didn't want anything to fancy because usually when there is a lot going on, there is more to go wrong. Also, I found out that Payne is a Carrier product. All the engineering and manufacturing is done by the same people in the same spot. The only bad thing I can say is that, it didn't come with a labour warranty but I think that has more to do with the company that installed it. Oh well, it saved me a ton of money!

Richard

Waterloo, On

"Payne really lives up to it's name…a real "Payne" int the neck."

I would never recommend Payne anything to anybody. I talked to a woman by the name of Diane who is Senior Customer Relations something- or- other for Payne, and all I can say is what a rude, unhelpful blankety blank. She should be fired from her job they way she "handled" things. Their warranty is crooked and worthless. I will slander that company's name along with that Diane lady to everyone I know.

Sally

Grand Rapids, MI

"Noisy 2012"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

The new 2012 furnace appears to function properly but it is really noisy. About twice the decibels of our previous furnace. Both furnaces about the same BTUs. New unit's motor and fan are obnoxious. Installation was re-checked. The noise disrupts reading, eating, sleeping, and even had to turn up the volume on the TV. Good mechanical engineering, I suppose but lousy human engineering.

Bill Cook

Escanaba, Michigan

"HVAC-R TECH"

This is for everyone out there … 98% of everyone's problem is from poor planning and poor installation,,,improperly trained employees,employees that don't care, or poor mind set,(get in,get out,as fast as u can)this has been a big problem in the hvac industry and the manufacturer takes the blame, almost every furnace is pre ran and fully tested before its shipped out to supply houses. Most of my service calls is due to improper installs by other company's, not taking other considerations into mind when INSTALLING (I.E..duct sizing, proper voltage, amps, correct wiring, proper pitch for draining, proper air speed, proper exhausting).THESE things will have a major effect on heating and a/c,you don't just pull your old furn, out and drop a new one in,its not that simple, question everything about your service tech, and have them back up what they say (no options)just the facts… your money and satisfaction cannot be compromised.

MASTER TECH