Payne Furnace Reviews

"Heat exchanger failure"

Installed in December of 2009. I had to install a new furnace today due to a defective heat exchanger. Not even 6 years old and my Payne furnace is already shot.

B. Card

Columbus, MI

"Fifteen years and no problems"

Built a new lake home in 2000. My contractor installed a Payne forced air natural gas furnace in the crawl space. I knew nothing about Payne products but it has been fifteen years and I not only have not had a problem with the unit, I haven't even had it cleaned. I heat the house all winter since Wisconsin winters can be somewhat brutal in nature and I don't want the pipes to freeze. I haven't scrutinized other brands, but I can't say enough for this unit which is also integrated with a Payne air conditioning system.

R. Conradt

Shawn Lake, WI

"We made the right choice!"

When our old furnace went out we were caught off guard and didn't have the money saved for a new one. The first heating and air company we spoke with recommended the Trane brand but the price was ridiculous and we felt we were just paying for the name. We interviewed another company who recommended for our budget we go with Payne because it was reasonably priced and was of high quality. We were able to pay cash for it because it was fifteen hundred dollars cheaper than the Trane brand. That was 2 years ago and we are so glad we made that decision. Can't say there are any negatives about our choice to go with this brand. Our Payne furnace has provided everything we needed throughout the two winters we have had it. It has required no repairs and is quiet and efficient. I would definitely buy this brand again and would recommend it to friends and family.

Centerville Ohio

"Furnace has quit every winter"

I had an old furnace that was reliable but not very efficient. I had a high efficiency Payne unit installed. Big mistake. The furnace has crapped out two or three times every winter since I have had it (3 years). When we leave my house during the winter for Christmas vacation, etc., we have to drain all of the pipes and winterize the house because we never know if the furnace will stop working while we are away. The old saying is right: Payne = pain.

MikeHagerdon

Kansas City, MO

"Negative"

This is the worst furnace I have ever owned. Can't wait to get rid of it and get something that really works. I have had nothing but trouble and the person that installed it doesn't have time to check it out anymore.

Nancy Andrake