Payne Furnace Reviews

"Jury is still out"

Neutral

Installed the furnace in summer of 2015. After a winter, I did not feel that the furnace was working properly. To make a long story short, there was a manufactures defect, the port of the vacuum sensor was too small, where a small drop of water would shut down the furnace when it kicked into second stage. I drilled out the port to make it larger and so far, everything is working great. To sum up, if Payne had properly tested out the furnace before production, the defect was so obvious that it would have been easily found (the furnace did not run properly right from the factory). I later found out this is a common problem with that furnace. Poor quality control…. no confidence that the furnace will give me years of trouble free service.

Bryan

Calgary AB

"Payne Furnace, keeps the Michigan cold out"

Over the past 7 years I have been very impressed by my Payne furnace. While we keep our house relatively cold in the winter, this furnace does everything we ask of it. Even on 0 degree Michigan days the house stays at the temperature we want it. The furnace runs quietly and you can barely tell that it's on. The one downside is that the filters have to be replaced relatively quickly. I have never had to repair the furnace, it has held up great for 7 years. I would definitely buy another Payne furnace, it has performed excellently and reliably at a relatively inexpensive price.

Detroit, Michigan

"What a Payne"

They should make these furnaces in Mexico & keep them there–they are exactly like the name! A real Payne.

Jack Yablinski

Alaska

"Inducer motor problems"

Purchased unit on 8/24/06. Original inducer motor failed after a couple years and was replaced under warranty. In 2013 the replacement inducer motor failed and was replaced at a cost of $717. Now, in 2016 the inducer motor has gotten noisy and is vibrating. The cost of replacing the inducer motor will soon wipe out any savings on the purchase price.

Richard Steinau

West Chester, OH

"Effective Furnace for our Florida Home Energy Star Rated"

Somewhat Satisfied

My husband and I are the proud owners of an Energy Star rated natural gas furnace. We have owned this furnace since 2011. We own the Carrier Payne natural gas model. We purchased this model because of the Energy Star rating, and also this system seemed to have a good warranty and other members of our family have owned older Carrier models and were always very happy with them. We are really happy with our furnace. The thermostat seems to be very responsive and we were able to add a dehumidifier to the model. Our monthly gas bill is quite reasonable. We were also pleased with the price we paid for the Carrier Payne furnace. And, our system has been incredibly reliable. We are very happy with our system and would recommend Carrier to anyone in the market for a new furnace. It keeps us nice and toasty on those chilly winter days.

Orlando, Florida