Payne Furnace Reviews

"Great furnace"

Installed in new home in 2000. It ran flawlessly every Idaho winter for just over 17 years. The only maintenance was regular filter change. It started leaking Carbon Monoxide, replacing with another Payne high efficiency furnace.

Gera

"JUNK!"

6 years old and the fan go out! Wtf….. Not under warranty because I'm the second owner! I'm throwing this shit out on the street and getting a Trane!

Scott Madden

Mahomet , IL

"Will cost you more in long run."

Motor had intermittent failure after only two years. Codes aren't particularly helpful for this type of failure. Motor was covered under warranty, but diagnostic time amounted to 1/3 purchase price. Whatever savings realized by buying a Payne vs. A better known brand was eaten up by defective part replacement. No confidence in product. I expect more repairs in the near future.

R. Noble

Madison, WI

"Payne has been a two year pain. We are replacing a new furnace."

The repair company has done very well on us. The latest problem caused us to cut our losses and run.

A. van den Enden

Chatham, Ontario, Canada

"Do not buy this furnace"

I got it installed in February 2017 and after three days it has stopped working. Something wrong with the pressure switch whenever it goes to the 2nd stage. There is a technical problem with the switch. I have to restart it again and again. Please do not waste your money, it's a big risk.

Jeff