Olsen Furnace Reviews

"Old Airco"

My originally installed, with the house, furnace is still going strong mechanically, but I fear for efficiency etc. I'm finding it harder and harder to keep my house warm. Its a large bungalow with a walk-out basement and both floors are occupied by residents year-round. This is a one zone house!! As far as reliability goes, this thing has been top notch, mind you it runs lot but it works?? I've replaced only a fan motor in 29 years. Now, I want to replace the furnace with a newer(better?) model. I'm lacking comfort… im hot and i'm cold, repeatedly all winter long. Can someone make a recommendation as to what I should do?

Chad

Calgary, AB

"S. Dietrich"

I have never liked this furnace, we were told it is very efficient. All I can say it runs an awful lot,it comes on for about 30 sec. and turns off then on again for a few minutes, then off, it is very annoying, and my house is cold all winter even when I have it set on 72 degrees. The air coming from the registers is cool, and I can't see how that would every make your house comfortable. The motor won't shut off a lot of times, so we have to hit it on the side to make it shut off or come on. I tried to get a replacement motor, but was told we have to go through a licensed contractor to get one. My sons are perfectly able to install a new motor. So I guess I will have to put out a bundle of money to replace it. Never will by another Olsen.

S. Dietrich

Ohio

"Olsen mid efficeny furnace"

This was an upgrade during the building of our house in 1991. Problems have occurred almost yearly since the warranty ended. Have had to replace the exhaust blower motor, control module and numerous ignitors. Every repairman has told me these furnaces are poorly made and nothing but trouble. Never had a problem once in 15 years with the furnace in our old house. Next furnace will not be an Olsen.

F Stratton

"Olsen mid efficiency oil furnace"

This mid-range, furnace installed in 2004. So far we have had no problems. heating costs until this year for our smallish 4 bedroom house, brick approx $1200- 1400. per year. This year we may expect it to be $ 1800. I think that's about as good as it gets.

B Clarke

Norwood, Ont

"DD3"

Problems started before we even moved into our newly built home 7 years ago and still have not made it through one winter without needing several repair. I'm tired of the multiple times we've loss heat when we needed it most and I can't wait till the heap of junk is outta here! Never will buy anything Olsen again. This was supposed to be a high efficient furnace; what a crock! If I had known how much money I'd end up putting into this thing, I'd have tossed it at the start.

Deb B.