Olsen Furnace Reviews

"Duomatic Olsen Furnace"

This furnace is a High Efficiency one installed about 25 years ago. I have had no real problems with it although I do remember one repair about 10 years ago. I think it is a good furnace although I admit it does tend to come on and off a lot. Probably because it is not a two stage. I am in the same position as other readers who would like to take advantage of the rebates beng offered but am not sure if the cost will be equal to the amount of money I might save. Perhaps it is better to stay with the older stuff as they say new equipment is not made like it was in the old days.

gail

"Olson furnace (fire)"

I have had this olson furnace for 15 years no problems at all just change the filter check the belt. This year we had a fire in our house (not related to furnace) after all was said and done the furnace remained, blackened but still worked flawlessly. The technician that checked it said it is in perfect condition, only due to the smell of smoke we had to replace it . Hope my new olsen is as good.

Perry

"39 yr old Airco"

My furnace is the original installed when the home was built in 1970. I was told, when I bought the house in August 2002, that the 'old girl' was still running well but could go at any time. It's still running (well)and I've done no maintenance to it whatsoever, except to have it inspected and the ducts cleaned. I was thinking of installing a newer more efficient one, but in looking at the costs and hearing stories of newer models not always working so well, I may just wait until this one just gives out. I just hope that's not during a severely cold snap in mid-winter.

Kim Machtemes

"Greenhouse furnace"

Recently purchased 1999 olsen furnace to heat large greenhouse. Installed hourmeter on burner, runs far less than previous equipment. Very efficient unit!

OLSEN DIVISION

"High Efficient Furnace"

Great furnace I wish I could meet the engineer who designed this. Easy to install and easy to service

Kram Tenibor