Olsen Furnace Reviews

"Serviced once and still going strong"

Moved into the house in 1995, furnace 9 yrs old at that time. Was last serviced in 1997. Touch wood, it has never given me one iota of problems. Was thinking of replacing it this year because is 26 yrs old now, but after reading here, think I'll just wait awhile longer. I keep the house cool in the winter, about 16*c / 68f (or less) so my dogs are comfortable, and set so it doesn't come on at all in the summer months. No loud noises, fan works fine. Keep the air intake clean. a great product.

C. Howitt

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

"Very Content"

I have a 45 year old Olsen(Big Green)furnace. I have owned my house for 13 years and have never had a problem with the furnace! I am looking to upgrade though in order to have peace of mind and cheaper utilities.

Lianne

Wallaceburg, ON Canada

"Wow"

I currently have a 22 year old Olsen. It's the original furnace for the house. I've lived here for 6 years now, and the only thing I've had done to the unit is regular cleanings and I had to install a new Ignition Coil last fall ($50). Looking at replacing the unit because of its age. My local Olsen dealer is coming out tomorrow. Hope the price is right 🙂

B Morton

Belleville, ON

"21 years old and still working"

Nothing bad to say about Olsen furnace. My house has a 21 year-old unit that works fine. I will only replace it because of the efficiency.

M Costa

Toronto, Ontario

"DownFlow oil Furnace"

Very noisy blower Fan and Furnace seems to be on many more times than the "old" Olsen model it replaced. When I phoned Customer Service about this , the technicians could not give me an answer as to how to reduce Fan Blower noise. The old Olsen model it replaced was 17 years old and much quieter and seemed to be more energy efficient – weird !!

Mike Gardener