Nordyne Air Conditioner Reviews

"Junk, junk, junk; stay away from this unit."

Junk, junk, junk. Do not spend your money on this unit, it is pure junk.

david

New Orleans, LA

"Bad product"

Had Comfort Masters of Poplar Bluff, Mo install a brand new unit in 2006, in my rental home. Every year there has been a problem and now I was just told the compressor is out at a cost to install of $1700. Never buy any of their products, they are worthless and a money pit.

William Hendrix

Hayward, CA

"Terrible"

Got this AC with my new home. Worked fine for 6 years and now it has quit. Such a shame that a person pays so much for something to just last 6 years. We didn't even use it that much. Never ran it at night. Shame on the company for making a piece of junk.

Sandy Shafer

Elkview WV

"Bad Units"

Came with my new home as a 16 seer unit, at first did its job well. However at almost 2 years, its freon accumulator failed bringing the compressor to quit. Found a great service company to replace compressor, then found reason that it failed (Accumulator). They fixed that and replaced compressor under warranty (if you call it that, had to pay labor). Come to find out Ironwood Homes never registered unit so I only have a 5 year warranty. Shame on Ironwood and Nordyne. I will not put another dime in this brand. Further, I am telling everyone I know to stay away from Nordyne.

Wayne Peterson

Lake City , Fl.

"Don't buy Nordyne…"

These systems are garbage so if you are determined to buy one make sure you get an extended labor warranty because if not you're going to spend a lot of your money on service calls for the replacement of components that have design defects. I've got two units and after the 2 year mark they've begun falling apart. The contractor that installed them for me has admitted that many of his other customers where he installed Nordynes are experiencing similar problems as well.

D.Carroll