Nordyne Air Conditioner Reviews

"You get what you pay for."

All of these bad reviews with bad experiences are self inflicted. Everyone here who bought a Nordyne was looking for the cheapest system they could find and got burned. The first red flag should have been the price. Hell they are 50' less than the cheapest Goodman, which is now a very good company with a good product..

Gruven

Dallas, TX

"NuTone by Nordyne AC unit"

We got a brand new NuTone unit less than 2 and 1/2 years ago for our new construction house and we have had to pay for 6+ service calls due to unit not cooling and now it has a leaking coil. Now, after paying for a second opinion service call for $220, we officially have a coil leaking refrigerant that has to be replaced. Although the warranty covers the coil, we have to pay $625 for labor to fix unit so it can function. Our hvac technician (who did not install the unit) said the unit is the least efficient and cheapest lowest quality unit we could have gotten for our house. Additionally, this problem should not occur with a newer unit such as ours. I called Nordyne, and they were not helpful in the slightest and told me all that is covered is parts. Absolutely horrible customer service!! I feel I basically have a lemon unit-we have paid out of pocket $1200 on a basically brand new unit. Horrible company, low quality product. Would not recommend to my worst enemy. Model #R8GD-048K096C

Laurel Parkerson

Murfreesboro, TN

"Very unhappy customer"

Our air was put in September 2011. First time running it was summer 2012. In 2013 or 2014 compressor needed replaced. Then in 2016 had freon leak. Installer supposedly fixed it. Yet May 16, 2017 we called another repair man, he said we had a leak..so now we are having a new unit installed. This unit should have lasted 10 to 15 years. Not 5 years!!! So far this year we are having issues. Why isn't Nordyne standing behind their products? Very unhappy consumer!!!! Would not purchase this brand again!

DeeDee & Vernon Bricker

Brighton, IL

"Faulty air conditioning unit"

We bought a Frigidaire 15 seer heat pump air conditioning unit almost 3 years ago and have had nothing but problems with it.The service guys have been here at least 15 times in those 3 years to try and fix the problem and things keep going wrong with it. It's broken down now twice in a week's time. I have pulmonary fibrosis and it gets very hot in Florida. When my air conditioner isn't working, it becomes very hard for me to breathe.

Robert Kitchene

Winter Haven, FL

"Poor equipment."

I am constantly amazed that a large company like Nortel Gobel continues to sell such poor quality equipment and then refuses to replace it.

Linda Ledbetter