Nordyne Air Conditioner Reviews

"Love"

Somewhat Satisfied

Mine is now 5 years old and has not had any problems from it, I had to call a repair today because of my fault, was weed eating around the unit and caught a wire and it stopped it cold. Repairman due this afternoon. I have been reading all the negative reviews and am amazed at the negative ones. We live in west Texas and it gets hot, this unit freezes us to death and we set it on 78 during the summer. No problems, only issue I have is changing the filters as you have to lay on your back to change it. Don't know how that will work when I get old. Hopefully, it is something simple to fix. No problems at all from the whirlpool appliances either.

Betsy

Texas

"OMG Run!"

We told our mobile home broker: we want the best appliances money can buy. The best, most efficient ac on the market. I had no idea what was coming. Oh dear GOD…after I trashed the kitchen appliances and bought LG…the a/c begin trouble ..the first year. A leak. Many nights of South Florida heat, no cooling. Break down after break down. Oh, and the mobile home broker never gave us warranty papers. So yeah, I figure, in 8 years, I have spent close to a thousand in repairs. Now I need a new a/c and I have become a poor widower, literally. I hate these people! Never buy Nordyne!

Brad Coath

St. Petersburg, FL

"Still ticking"

We had the split system unit installed in March of 1993. Did have to replace the blower motor a couple of years ago. We had a Freon leak, but it was recharged with a leak sealer and it fixed that. What do you expect after 20 some years? Still cooling with temperatures in 90'S. Wish I could find another one like this.

L Shearon

Ashland City, TN

I bought this house from a person who had this unit installed already. This equipment is junk.

Mike

Clearwater, FL

"Bad product"

Less than three years old. $2,000 in repairs because installer went out of business, so I had to pay labor. Fan in outdoor unit had to be replaced. Evaporator coil had to be replaced. Txv valve had to be replaced. Lots of Freon cost. Product does not last.

Arnold Schwartz