Boiler Reviews

"Don't buy it"

I had this boiler installed in my home 9 years ago. Relatively no problems until this year. An iron-cast section of the boiler cracked after just 9 years. Every plumber I have spoken to has never seen this happen. It does have a warranty, but it isn't worth the paper it is printed on (my limited understanding is that this is industry standard). Basically, the warranty will cover the broken section, but you need to pay for them to ship you the new boiler/part & you need to ship them the broken part and then they determine whether to give you roughly $500 for just the part. After the shipping, basically I would owe them money. This is not a warranty but just basic sales puffery. Its worth nothing. Don't get taken in by these lifetime warranties. They are worthless!

J. VINAGRE

Rochester, MA

"new yorker boiler"

Somewhat Satisfied

This is for the cast iron boiler (I use it for hot water only). It was installed as part of upgrading the house when I moved in 7 years ago. I'm generally satisfied with it, I had a Peerless and wasn't happy with it and the plumber recommended it as it was cheaper than other brands (Peerless) and specifically fit within my budget as that was my benchmark. He said they are well made and designed and so far, so good. They are very durable. I'd definitely recommend it to a friend, yes.

new york