Navien Water heater Reviews

"Lousy service"

The unit had a part fail under warranty. Navien refused to accept plumbers signed invoice showing problem. They demand that the plumber call them in person or refuse to replace the part. This is the unit's second breakdown in 5 years and it requires extensive maintenance every year. Low-quality unit and low-quality company.

Daniel W

Tacoma, WA

"Would never buy"

I would never buy this water heater again. They will not honor the warranty. The pump in it gave out in 6 months.

Brian

Wyoming

"Don't do it"

Please look elsewhere for your tankless. Unit I bought 5 years ago crapped out, local plumbing contractor worked with Navien techs for days. Navien kept making recommendations, and sending parts, the most expensive of which were at my expense. Finally they determined the unit was defective, and had to be replaced. When I contacted Navien due to the excessive hours, (and my money) put into this. Amanda Montiel and her tech, Eric, determined they had made "no mis-diagnosis" and all of this was normal process. Amanda kept blaming the issues on a "act of nature" One of their many guesses was a possible power surge. No one could ever confirm this, but it is possible, (although the issues started before a power outage). This gave her a "out", at least in her mind, and we were on to "we can't control lightning". Mistake after mistake, but no responsibility. Stay away !

Michael Murphy

Illinois

"February 2016"

I have had this unit for 18 months and am going to have it replaced with another brand. It has not operated properly since installation. I have spent over $1500 for servicing. Even though Navien has shipped parts for free the cost of constantly replacing them is out of hand. I would not recommend Navien under any circumstances.

Ron D.

Apalachicola, FL

"High labor costs"

It only lasted 2 years. Although unit was covered under warranty, we were stuck with a $1400.00 labor bill. We could have bought a 40 gallon hot water heater, had it installed, paid the difference in gas to run it and still come out ahead. No saving if Navien only lasts two years instead of the 15 years it is warranted for. Jury is still out but so far it's a hunk of junk.

Susan Von