Mitsubishi Air Conditioner Reviews

"650 repair bill for leak, after 2.5 years"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

Six hundred dollar repair 2.5 years after installation. Not heavily used. That is unsatisfactory. Not covered by warranty.

T OLeary

Charlottesville, VA

"It's not a warranty. It's a lottery."

Somewhat Unsatisfied

The unit that I now have to refurbish myself, that I just bought new from the supply house. Now this unit, if I do repair the leaking coil myself as Mitsubishi Customer Support wants me to do. Why should a defective unit you have to refurbish right off the shelf be sold at the full price of a unit?? How do you explain this to the customer? Why should they be ok with a unit that never worked from the installation and had two problems in the first few weeks of its life – a fried circuit board and a refrigerant leak. I understand the warranty covering a unit that breaks after a year of operation. But a unit that was never normal off the shelf – that you have to reassemble piece by piece – I just don't get it. In the lottery of defective units, I got the defective one, and I don't get a new one even though I just paid for it. I just wish this was advertised so that I could price an extra several $100 into the quote for the customer.

Steve

Boston, MA

"Failing Mitsubishi compressors"

We installed 47 Mitsubishi hvac units one year ago, in 2011. We have had to replace 5 pumps and now a compressor..after less than one year of service! The cost is $1,800 for parts and labor, which is not covered.

Robert

Manhattan, NY

"Worthless Unit"

Do not buy, everything you read is false, I can blow more hot and cold air than this sorry unit. This unit will not heat or cool a 600 sq ft well insulated room..

HerbTapscott

Hartselle Alabama

"Support"

I have a Mitsubishi ductless ac which was installed over 5 years ago and have had it repaired twice, one under warranty and once not. The parts were avaialble and only had to wait 1 day for one and the SAME day installed for the other repair. I can believe today with UPS, any part can't be installed the next day. My suggestion is find a certified Mitsubishi dealer. They have to meet and maintain certain standards, whcih prevented me any problems.

Ron Duckman