Maytag Heat Pump Reviews

"Maytag heat pump"

Works great for 2 years now. The only problem I have had was a burnt up circuit board on the Air handler. I should add that I did the damage changing the thermostat with the power on. (My Bad). I even told the tec I thought I did it. The warranty covered it. I did pay for 1 hour of service but it was well worth it. He PM'ed my Heat pump while he was there. Even cleaned it. I think it took him about 5 min to replace the board but he worked his hour for me. Thank you Wilson Heat and Air in Longview, Texas and thank you Maytag, for a good product.

B. Miller

Longview, TX

"Cooling coil leaks at one year anniversary"

Cooling coil leaked out all Freon at one year anniversary. Coil had to be removed, taken to a welder and repaired in two places. Very poor workmanship on product.

Andrew Blankenship

Mount Gilead, NC

"Warranty Difficulty"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

When I bought this in March 2007, the installer claimed there was a 12 year warranty. The air handler coil developed leaks just before 10 years was up, but I did not report it until just after the 10 year mark. Now the warranty folks are saying I have a 10 year warranty instead of a 12 year warranty and are trying to say it was never registered. I am still trying to see if I can fight this. Not happy at all with the warranty handling. But the unit itself has performed pretty well for 10 years. The only significant problems I had during that time were due to very poor installation by the contractor.

E Holder

Harvest, AL

"Lousy AC"

Do not buy a Maytag AC. Mine is 5 years old and had to have the compressor and coil changed. Still works shitty.

B Ellis

Arizona

"Favorable review of the Maytag PSH4BI iQ heat pump"

I chose this Maytag PSH4BI iQ Energy Star heat pump because it is eligible for utility rebates in my area. I would certainly recommend this heat pump to a friend. I have had it for a little less than a year. One of the things I like best about the unit is that it does a great job of dehumidifying the house, which being an older home, was quite humid before the heat pump was installed. I also enjoy the intelligent thermostat, which makes setting the heating and cooling ranges a snap. My only dislike is that it only communicates with other Maytag equipment. I like the fact that it is quiet and very efficient. The unit has not needed any repair or replacement, which is not surprising, since it has a limited 12 year warranty. If I ever had to purchase another heat pump, I would definitely consider another Maytag.

Roanoke, VA