MAYTAG Furnace Reviews

"Happy"

Replaced a 10 year-old York furnace with my new Maytag. My old furnace had a cracked heat exchanger causing my roll out to continiously trip. Part was 5 months out of warranty so my hvac guy recommended maytag or trane. After one night of research I went with the maytag since it had and extra 2 year warranty. Installation quality was perfect and the system has ran flawlessly so far. Thanks Marcus

Bill

nc

"Great furnace, great price, great warranty!"

The Maytag M1200 furnace was purchased over a year ago. These furnaces are heavy duty. By that, I mean that they just don't break. I had a Maytag installed twice, once in my old house, and once in my current house. One of the small disadvantages to this furnace was the difficultly that we had installing it given such a large device. I had to pay someone in the end to come in and install it for me. But other than that, it is will worth it. This has a great warranty (the best in the industry, from what I discovered in my research: 12-year parts and 12-year labor) and is of high quality as well. The price isn't too bad either, I've seen many high priced furnaces which can't even deliver the same results as my Maytag. I haven't had any issues with this furnace, but if I do, it is covered in the amazing 12-year warranty. I would strongly recommend this unit to a friend. It is well worth the money!

Trenton, New Jersey

"MAYTAG LEMON HEATER"

I bought a Maytag M1200 lemon heater not a furnace! 16 months installed and 11 service calls for repairs. The v/s blower fan was not balanced from factory and required replacement right from the start. I should have know it was trouble from the start. Since then, thermostate problems, electrical board replacements, and burner issues. The unit cycles on and off excessively and is noiser than my 18 year old unit it replaced. I plan to have it replaced with something reliable.

J. Werley

Wilmington DE

"Don't buy a Maytag furnace!"

Buying this furnace was the worst decision ever. It first broke down in a few months and has required many service calls since. The flame sensor ceases to work and all it does is cycle rapidly and blow cold air – not helpful in an Alberta winter.

P. Hunter

Calgary, Alberta

"What's that smell?!"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

Whay's with the Ozone smell from the Air-conditioner? It's annoying.

Julie Sullivan