Maytag Air Conditioner Reviews

"Run away"

Very unreliable 5 years old has had multiple failures and service calls costing thousands of dollars. 2 warranty repairs run $3500.00. Leaks $90.00 a pound freon every 2 years. 14,000.00 worth of junk.

D Falcon

New Orleans

"Maytag AC sucks"

Purchase three units for my house all three units have been replaced at least twice and one unit has now been replaced seven times and today yet again another unit just went out Maytag does not make a good product Nortech the company that makes them does not stand behind it Gemaire the company here in Florida that distributes them does not care if you have a problem there was one woman in the office that did care and she took care of me with my last unit but now it has broken too I'm not gonna find another brand to install. Keep in mind these units were installed only six months ago and I haven't even made a full year yet.

Michael S. Rowe

Apopka, FL

"Very unsatisfied"

Received April 14, 2014 I have not had 6 month of good service, had three coils go out, compressor trouble, have been dripping in my closet from day one, service company not good. Labor warranty over with. I can see re buying this unit in repairs. Four years old is too early to replace, wished I would had looked into this brand before I purchased. Talked to service company who had Maytag before and was advised they had to give it up because of problems with equipment just like I have.

Joseph Fontenot

Houma, LA

"Caution-many reviews are by A/C employees"

Neutral

Caution-many reviews on this site are submitted by a/c contractor employees. A quick Google brought up the truth.

Rick Honest Contractor

Miami, FL

"No service on warranted complaints"

The warranted service from Maytag was horrible. I went to the website listing the local Representative that handles the Nortek waranty. Maytag and Nortek both claim to have nothing to do with any issues. They just passed the buck. Maytag and Maytag cares kept telling me they would call…for 6 months. Then they sent me to Nortek Global. I spoke to a woman who kept telling me why they are not responsible for their listed Representative. ***** ******* then went on to say any complaints to Nortek go to her, from any department. I find that hard to believe, but if true there is zero customer service. She then blew me off and said she spoke to the original carrier from Jim Air. She then called me back to tell me they are not going to help me. I refused to listen to her. Jim Air had no one to help me and I am now contacting the corporate office and hopefully the president to let him know. Therefore; Maytag, Nortek warranty and Jim Air so far, none of them take responsibility and pass the buck. Do not believe you have a warranty, they do not care and blow you off with smug answers!

denise