Luxaire Heat Pump Reviews

"Bad Compressors"

From day one with this heat hump my husabnd and I have been complaining tro our builder and s&w Heating in Allentown, pa. I have replaced compressor after compressor every year! They replace it once at no cost. What gets me is my air conditioner will run one day the very next it run and runs never shutting off then I get a 600.00 electric bill in the mail! This equipment is horrible and junk! They do not stand behind them, the company or manufacture should make good when same part keeps going. Never buy these units unless your prepared for the headaches and big exspense! Hate them!

Mrs Christman

"Luxaire"

From our first summer we started to have problems with it,

D. Corbett

"Terrible reliability"

I have two Luxaire Heat pumps which are 6 years old. Had to replace two compressors and one a coil. Most of the houses in my development have had the same problem with units 6-7 years old. Many people have replaced the whole systems…

Bob R

Leonardtown, MD

"UNHAPPY"

Our unit is only 3 years old, we bought our home in February and have already had 2 service calls because the outside unit is leaking freon. I have called York and they say the labor is my problem and that they would pay for the parts. The labor is going to cost me $900. So therefore I am considering replacing the whole system. Very unhappy!!!!

R.Reeves

Covington, LA

"We Bought a New Home and it Had a Rheem AC"

We bought a new home and it had a Rheem ac rpmc024jaz, and after living in the house for 3 years the compressor blew in the unit, we had a service person come out and replace the compressor, which cost us 425.00 and that is with the part still being under warranty. Then low and behold it has been 8 months and that compressor is blown, I am trying to deal with Rhemm to have someone see why this unit is going through compressors, but as of yet no luck!!!!!!

Mark Snyder