Luxaire Heat Pump Reviews

"Worst purchase ever"

We purchased a new heat pump with nat gas furnace back up in Oct 2006. The first winter, it was fine. At the end of the second winter/beginning of ac season, we had to replace the outside fan motor. The third winter, we had to replace the compressor. It began freezing over after the replacement and we were told this was normal. Now, the 4th winter, it has continued freezing over to the point that it is running constantly on back up heat even when the temp is in the 30's and 40'S. We have $400 in heating bills this month and my repairman had the nerve to tell me the inability for my unit to run properly has nothing to do with the high heat bills. Really???? It is costing as much to run this unit in the winter as it did to run the 47 year old monster we had previously. We wish we could rip it out and get something else, but we paid way too much for this one and the company certainly isn't going to make good on this lemon.

A Mad Consumer

"Luxaire"

I'm sure no one will believe me but the Luxaire unit has lasted 29 yrs! And the only maintenance was adding freon every few years. Meanwhile, we had to purchase 2 Trane units in the same period of time. The first Trane compressor went out just as the warranty expired. Great timing! Compressors are very expensive, by the way.

Jane Ptoctor

"Constant problems"

I have head problems each year. Freon replaced twice. Never had trouble with York (used for 15 years) and the salesman tells me it is made by the same company and same unit sold under a different name.

Suna

"Luxaire A/C"

Owned three in my 4200sq/ft home. Two had no problems one would blow an "o" ring out after every winter leaking all of the freon. Overall I am pleased. Service is the key.

J langley

"Too many problems to mention"

New build, installed Heat Pump new. Our house is now 5 years old. We have had problems with the Heat Pump every year. Coils, condenser, another condenser, all of the freon leaked due to an equipt. failure. This thing is a lemon. My plan is to do battle with corporate tomorrow, my service guy claims he has done all he can do. a small vacuum line to the compressor failed, moisture got into the system and fried it. Inferior components, inferior construction, I am very unimpressed. New system cost $2260.00 w/o labor, and freon for unit. do not buy this unit, do not buy luxaire!

T. McClelland