Luxaire Heat Pump Reviews

"ULxaire is Junk"

I put tis 3.5 ton unit in 3 years ago. It didn't work the night I had it installed. That should have told me something. I have replaced all the guts in the furnace, heat banks 3 times, Circuit board 3 times,Now my out side coil went bad. 500 bucks. this is for labor. I have spent 2000 dollars now in 3 years just on labor to fix these parts. My heating bills went through the roof after I installed it compared to my Goodman I had in from when the house was built. Don't Buy LUXAIRE IT IS JUNK…….. JAMES IN KY

Jamesc in ky

MT Sterling KY 40353

"My personal heat pump"

I recently built a home and installed a Luxair heat pump. I installed this heat pump simply for the fact of savings on the energy bill. I am very satisfied with this heat pump because it performs well and the warranty on it is great. At first it was a toss up b/w a heat pump and electric heat only. After doing research and talking to people who have owned heat pumps I have heard nothing but good things about them. During the winter time the heat pump did a very well job of maintaining the temperature in my home and my electric bill was twenty percent lower than I thought it would be. Along with installing the heat pump I also installed a thermostat that will switch from heat to cool automatically. This has made life so much easier simply because I do not have to touch the thermostat during the night if it gets cold in the house. My experience with this heat pump has been great and I would recommend it to anyone who is considering building a home or changing out their old a/c system. I am currently thinking about tying my water heater into the heat pump because it can be used to heat your water also which will also help on the electric bill. If anyone would ask me what to go with, a heat pump would be the first thing out of my mouth.

Welsh, louisiana

"Piece of CRAP!"

Less than 4 years old and the local distributor doesn't have any ownership to the product, so i call the parent company JCI and they say they only replace the part (thank god it is under warranty) but will not help pay for the labor, now over 1100 dollars. This is why nobody wants to buy an American Made product. I plan on filling with the BBB and state AG.

eodpod

"Unreliable and expensive circuit board"

My heat pump has been used for 5 years. The circuit board went out. The local supply house had three in stock. this doubtless shows the unreliability of the board. The board cost $300. That is totally outrageous for a circuit board.

Dan

Bella Vista, AR

"Evaporator coil starts leaking in 3 years"

Three years after the unit was installed, the evaporator coils started leaking. Luxaire replaced the coil but it still cost $500.00 for labor. Three years later the replacement coil started leaking. This time it cost $900.00 for the coil plus labor. The contractor that installed the two replacement coils said the leaks were due to manufacturing defects. The unit was purchased from Solar Supply in Hammond, LA. Luxaire said Solar had to initiate the process to indicate it was a manufacturing defect. This is necessary for them to replace the coil without charge. Solar would only say it was not a manufacturing defect, and it was out of warranty. So I conclude, Solar and Luxaire consider two coils in a row leaking freon after only 3 years is acceptable, and spending $1000.00 every 3 years is typical of their equipment. In the future, I will never buy anything from Luxaire, nor will I deal with Solar Supply.

B Starkey