Luxaire Heat Pump Reviews

"Luxaire heat pump a nightmare to deal with!"

Have had this heat pump for almost ten years and have had nothing but problems. At least 3 dozen repairs and 1 total replacement of the pump have been made. A nightmare to say the least! Stay away!

M.rogoff

Cleveland, OH

"Stay away from this piece of crap!"

This is a piece of junk. I installed it 5 years ago and have had at least 4 service calls on it. It took them forever to get it working correctly from day one. Last year was the only year that I didn't need to call for repairs. I thought they finally fixed it, but today it is broken again. The parts were under warranty but the labor wasn't. Every time they come to fix it, it costs $200 just for them to walk in the door and run a diagnostic test. Every time it gets below 5 degrees, the outside unit quits working. I bit the bullet and bought a new furnace, because I was tired of repair costs on my old furnace. Well, I should have kept the old furnace. Better the devil you know than the one you don't. Luxaire does nothing to help you, and good luck trying to get anything out of them. I no longer speak to my contractor who installed it, since I felt he recommended this piece of crap to me and then didn't stand behind it. Take the advice on this site and look elsewhere for a good furnace. If I could be assured that if I installed a new furnace (of course a different brand), that it would work correctly, this piece of crap would be gone. My unit has two stages, one for when it isn't that cold and one for when it is cold. I think the second stage doesn't work correctly but for some unknown reason no one knows how to fix the damn thing. I think it is possessed!

J. Don

Pennsylvania

"My impression of new heat pump."

I am completely satisfied with the low noise of the unit. The dealer knew his craft well. Experience shows. The controls are easy to use. Much better than the one I replaced. I will buy this brand again and highly recommend it to my friends. The installer was well trained. Overall, an A+ grade from start to completion.

c. parnell

Stockton, AL

"Positive input concerning the installation of my heat pump and and removing the old system"

I am very satified with the equipment and very satified with the contractor that put it in. He does quality work. I have no dislikes about the system. Yes, I would buy the same system again and use the same contractor. Very satisfied.

Carol Holt

Bolivar, MO

"Breaks and no supply chain"

Our two Luxaire units have both failed multiple times within five years of installation. In all but one case, Luxaire did not have the part on hand to fix these, their upper priced, units. I live in Houston, Texas. This is the largest AC usage per capita area in the nation and Luxaire does not have a supply chain capable of fixing their units. Either they can't keep enough on hand to fix all the failures (likely) or they are more concerned about supply chain costs than the comfort of their customers. Talking to the local manager produces excuses and recriminations against the installer. Trying to correspond with the national company results in no response. Go elsewhere.

Scott D