Luxaire Heat Pump Reviews

Put in a new heat pump in the fall of 2014. I've had nothing but problems with the system. It seems to always go down on the coldest days of the year. I had to have a venter assembly put in this week March 2019 and my warranty is now up. I'm thinking it may be time to scrap this system and go with something else that's reliable!

G. Contractor

Ohio

"Evaporator failure"

Have two 2 ton heat pumps, pkg units. Both units failed because of evaporator leaks. Constant leaks on both units from 1 year of installation.

Jim pearson

Fayetteville, NC

"Great unit"

This heat pump has been wonderful to cool and heat my townhouse. I have the air set on 70 and it gets chilly so I am loving it.

Shameka Green

Woodbridge, VA

"Off to a bad start"

Newly installed in October 2015. No cold weather until late December. Unit ran almost constantly. Home temperature set to 68 and we are away 2 weeks each month when the unit is set to heat to 64 degrees. Power company sent info that we were using 50% more power than all of our neighbors. We are 2 people – no kids, no pets, no parties, minimal hot water usage and few power needs beyond heat and A/C. This new hi efficiency unit cost us over $500 month vs. the former system that cost us $300 or less per month. Called a tech to get an opinion. Turns out we need a "new" compressor in our very new unit. Now waiting for contractor and company response. We had York many years ago and it was very undependable. Swore I'd never have another York product in my life. Did not know Luxaire is York. My fault for not asking. Don't know what awaits when the summer weather arrives. I would never allow any York products in my home again.

R. G. Smith

Chambersburg, PA

"Luxaire heat pump"

Have only had the unit one year ( one winter and one summer) – the unit seems to do a good job. I did have to have the circuit board replaced this past winter; water had gotten into it and caused "an outdoor equipment fault" to come up on the thermostat. The unit continued to run, but was unable to make any changes to the thermostat, e.g. change temperature, etc. until the contractor came out and replaced the board. I'm not too happy about this type of thermostat.

Dwight C. Steele