Luxaire Furnace Reviews

"My new replacement furnace"

The furnace is economical, better than the one it replaced, and takes up less space. Only one standard 16×25 filter is required instead of two like my old one. It doesn't require a huge exhaust pipe and is much more efficient than my old one. The person that installed it did a great job in adapting this furnace to my present duct system. Replaced the cold air return box with a new smaller and more efficient box. Bert installed a new Thermostat on my wall at no extra charge. I was all-around very satisfied with the outcome and process of buying a replacement furnace with Bert Brown and Ray's Heating and Cooling.

Thomas D. Masters

Lackawanock, PA

In February, 2013, I bought this furnace. Every February I have to have the guys come back. I spent $3400. I'm on fixed income. This furnace is junk! My brother said he wishes I would have talked to him before I invested in it.

sandy

Ohio

"Even better than I anticipated"

I was familiar with the contractor, tmi, from my experience with them when I was a member of a church staff and they took care of our heating and air conditioning requirements. This is the primary reason I called them first. I trusted their recommendation of the brand of furnace and have been extremely pleased with it. It is almost impossible to tell when it's on as the temperature level is so consistent. The technician was both thorough and neat. He pointed out there was a substantial rebate available from our utility company. In checking readings he determined an additional cold air return was required. This was done and the rebate was received shortly. Yes, I'd do it the same way if I had to do it again.

Jon B. Oakleaf

Moline, IL

"Five years of crap"

We put our Luxaire 96% efficient two stage furnace in a little over 5 years ago when we moved into our home. Nothing put problems! We constantly have gotten water in one of the switches and have to suck it out! We've had someone out every winter. We are now past the warranty. As of this past Saturday, which was to the coldest day of the year here in Ohio, I woke up to smelling burnt plastic. Emergency call to HVAC contractors (which costs me a fortune), he says the fan motor is shot and we're not sure about the control board (which has been replaced once already). I would not recommend this brand to anyone, as once I get it fixed I could have just put a new one in.

A. Jeffers

Ohio

"Lemon"

So disappointed…works fine as long as it works. Lemon lemon lemon, we have had the contractor out 12 times in the 8 years we have had it. Now the warranty is up and once again it won't ignite.

Becka