Luxaire Furnace Reviews

"I'm satisfied"

Somewhat Satisfied

Furnace is fine to provide the heat needed in Minnesota in the house we own. It's efficient and reliable. The furnace is a good unit. I have only 2 issues. 1. The fan/blower is a bit noisier than I wish it were. It's not a progressive speed type so I wish it was, and I've heard quieter ones. When it's on you know it, but that's life with a forced air unit, I guess. 2. Not the furnace's fault, but when the unit was quoted and installed the contractor promised we'd get a very sizable rebate from the local gas company, Center Point Energy in Minneapolis/St. Paul, for installing a super efficient unit. All the correct documents were sent in to them. Over a year has gone by, no response/no rebate. That part was a lie. I hold the gas company accountable for that but "there's nobody who knows anything to talk to" about it. Center Point lied and has no means for follow through.

Phil Filiatrault

Ramsey, MN

"Couldn't be happier"

This furnace is so much more efficient than my old unit. It saved me at least 40% in heating fuel in just the first year. It heats quickly and my house has never been more comfortable. I would definitely buy this unit and use the same contractor again. The price was fair and the return on investment is great! Can't think of any downside to this furnace.

James J Szymaszek

"Junk, junk, junk"

The heat pump I have is junk. I advise that you do not buy a Luxaire heat pump because of the fact that there will be no help from customer service and you will be repairing the unit at least 3 times a year. I am now on my third compressor, second fan motor, internal valve, circuit board and countless times wires failed, causing the whole system to shut down. All of this and I suck up the cost for maintenance. My goal is to tell everyone I can about the garbage system I have purchased in hopes no one else has to deal with the uselessness of the Luxaire product I have been putting up with for the last 5 years.

Steve Best

Newfoundland

"Our furnace is Probably not very efficient but it heats our home."

Somewhat Satisfied

We have only lived in our house for a month. We haven't had to heat the house since moving in because it is summer but the air conditioning part of it works great. It is old and huge and I imagine that it is not all that efficient. We have not had to repair it at all but we did have it cleaned before we moved in. We are hoping that we will not need to repair it any time soon but it is an older furnace so I guess it could happen sooner than later. The furnace is in an area of our basement that makes it somewhat difficult to maneuver around it. There is a dehumidifier attached and also air conditioning and the hot water heater is right next to it so it makes it extremely difficult to read information on the side of it.

East Rochester, NY

"Furnace replacement and air conditioner added"

Our old furnace was 21 years old and had served us well. We wanted to add central air so decided to get a new furnace as well. Our contractor explained why Luxaire was his choice for both furnace and air. Parts were readily available and the breakdown record was better than other brands. After all, he is the one who gets called at 6 am on Sunday when it is 3 below, so he should know about reliability. The units are only 3 weeks old so I cannot speak to the performance other than when it was cold the furnace performed well and when it has been hot the air conditioner did what it is supposed to. So far it is a good system.

M. Lange