Luxaire Furnace Reviews

"Peace of junk"

Have a mid efficient luxaire purchased 4 years ago and by far it is the biggest peace of junk I have ever owned have had trouble every single year that I have owned this thing 3x this year and again tonight christmas eve of all times I am so fed up

john jeremy

Thunder Bay, Ontario

"Great furnace. Would certainly buy Luxaire again."

Our furnace is a 2-stage (80 & 100k Btu) 94% high efficiency natural gas unit that I installed myself as a replacement furnace in 2000. This furnace has required no service or repairs, except that I have cleaned it once. It is also fairly quiet. It is paired with an older Wards (Rheem-built) central air system, so the blower gets used nearly all year long. I ordered a spare hot-surface igniter, but have not needed it. If I had it to do over again, the only thing I would do differently would be to go down one size for the Btu capacity. It appears that this furnace is identical to its York counterpart except for the name sticker on the front cover.

W. Adams

Southern Minnesota

"Luxair"

I am a heating contractor. ive installed Goodman, Rheem, Carrier, Heil, American Standard and Luxaire. By far if installed correctly, the Luxaire furnace is the better choice. The new 95.5% model is outstanding. It now has a clear secondary cover. You can see if its draining correctly, and makes it easy to see if there's a problem. Replacement parts, if needed are half the cost compared to Lennox, Carrier, Heil and the rest of those high priced furnaces, you pay for the name, and its way to much. Luxaire by far is my choice, I have 23 yrs in the field. And it's the only furnace I don't have a problem telling people it's a great furnace.

K. Woods

Niagara Falls, NY

"Luxaire Heat/AC"

Piece of high priced crap. The ac/heat pump is only 3 years old and has had numerous problems with the control board and 2 relay switches. beware….stay away.

Sam Rizzardi