Luxaire Furnace Reviews

"I Agree with Everyone Else Who Is Not Contractor"

It seems that if you're not a contractor who installs the Luxaire furnace, you're unhappy with the product. We too, have had nothing but problems since day one. Shuts itself off in cold weather. Sometimes we can't keep it running for more than an hour. We have to constantly reset it by shutting the power off and on. It's noisy and not fuel efficient (although it's a "high efficiency" furnace). I'm so fed up with this thing. Company won't stand behind it and we can't get any repair person to tell us what's wrong with it because they don't know. What a nightmare!

Barbara Craft-Thorn

"I won't say it's great but it's very good"

I have a Luxaire 60k btu 92 percent efficient furnace that I installed myself. I bought it off of ebay and got a great deal! The furnace is reliable and have had no problems with it. My only issue is that venter blower is louder than I would like. I have installed 2 other furnaces made by York and I am able to obtain parts that I can use on all 3 but have never had to.

D. D.

"President"

I have installed many other major brands such as Carrier, Lennox, etc. As a Master Tech/Installer there is no comparison to the Luxaire/York design and technology. Clear and visible secondary cover, modulating gas, quiet and simplified design. Easy to read led display and terminals. Solid door design with less than 1% air leakage. Lennox, Carrier cabinet design are cheap and unreliable. It is the most efficient furnace on the market.

TLM

"READ THIS from Complete Mechanical Solutions Inc."

I am a quality mechanical contractor in Michigan. I have been installing Luxaire equipment since they redesigned the line. With over 30 years in the business I would say that I am highly qualified to intelligently speak on this subject. Almost any piece of equipment that is sized and installed correctly will perform satisfactorily. There are some P.O.S. out there undoubtedly, but my experience has been poor system design and installation caused by " L.P.W. "(low price wins) customers and contractors are the biggest single cause for a dissatisfied customer, poor performance, and bad reviews. If you pay for junk you will get junk. This goes for equipment as well as for contractors. I am happy to install York/Luxaire residential and commercial equipment since I have found them to be more reliable than all others. I fix a lot of other brands. York/Luxaire not so much. People, let's be honest. Do you really take care of your equipment as you should? And for that matter, do you take care of your contractor as you should? Pay the extra couple of hundred dollars so the good contractors can weed out the bad ones and stay in business. We really do care about your family/business. We just ask for the same consideration. And check out references like the Better Business Bureau.

John R. Kuhn

Michigan

"Crap"

I have had nothing but trouble with this thing. I have to re-set it on a daily basis (most times more than once a day). I have had pressure switches put in, control board put in, all to now avail. 4 different furnace guys have looked at it. They all say, "I don't know." I can't get through a winter without on-going problems. I am fed up, disgusted, and everything else negative with this piece of junk.

K Baker