Lennox Heat Pump | Reviews | FurnaceCompare®

Lennox Heat Pump Reviews

"Replaced most parts"

Even though I purchased a ten-year warranty, I have had parts replaced practically every year. Just about every major and minor part has been replaced, even though I pay to have it serviced twice a year. It the worst, in terms of reliability, that I have had.

D. Shaw

Florida

"Good work horse"

Bought the unit back in 1990. Other than a few minor repairs (about $500), it's given me very reliable service. Other than having probably a poor HSPF and a low SEER, it did a nice job.

R.Pich�

Montreal, Qu�bec, Canada

"You'd do better asking for herpes"

This thing is terrible. 5 out of 5 years had to get repaired. Now year 6 and the compressor went out. Not worth replacing unless I want to throw money at this thing every year. Lennox was a good name for a long time. Now, they make boat anchors masquerading as heat pumps.

B.W. Heat

Atlanta, Ga

"Replaced five compressors"

Lennox heat pump zone unit was installed in 2004. Have had to replace compressor approximately every two years. A total of five compressors replaced in a nine yr. Period. Dealer has been unable to find the problem. Lennox field rep. Refused to send a Lennox tech. Or an engineer out to trouble-shoot the problem. Have also had to replace the zone board and numerous other repairs unrelated to the compressor problem. Nevre want to hear the product name "Lennox" again.

JT

Georgia

"XP17-36 Elite 17 Seer R410A Heat Pump"

My old heat pump over 36 months averaged 2709kw. The new heat pump over the last 26 months averaged 3031kw which is 322kw more per month. The new heat pump was to save me 20-30%. At 25% savings over my old heat pump, I should be using 999kw less than what I am. The company that sold it has checked it several times and say it is okay. The big boy from the factory came, studied my usage and the weather patterns over the last six years and determined it was the weather's fault. I wasn't convinced because I know that figures don't lie but liars do figure. I find it hard to believe the weather has been 30% more severe the last 26 months. Lennox was so proud of the unit they sold me, they don't even list the series or model in the heading of this review. If you decide to buy from Lennox, be careful. It's too late for me but not for you.

Dennis M. Woods