Lennox Heat Pump | Reviews | FurnaceCompare®

Lennox Heat Pump Reviews

"Good Investment"

My heat pump is great. It replaced the 20 year old original one. It has the ability to control via Wi-Fi which is a great feature. The electric bills have gone down dramatically. Previously the house only had an old A/C and furnace. The furnace was the primary source of heat. Now the heat pump runs efficiently til around 35 degrees and saves big money. I have not had any issues with it in the 1.5 years I have owned it. I would likely buy another unit like it as I am very satisfied with the Lennox XP line. It is pretty quiet. I do not hear it unless I am in the room directly next to it. It was reasonably priced and a great value I feel.

Sioux City, IA

"Important to consider"

Neutral

It is important to consider that if you look at all these HVAC reviews on any brand – Lennox, Trane, Amana, Goodman, Carrier, Rheem, Ruud, American standard, Bryant, Heil, etc. – the majority of comments are negative. Why? Because when people are upset with something they want to share it and vent that. Fair enough. I have a Goodman which has been giving problem after problem also. But most all these units have the same parts and that is the core of a Copeland compressor, etc. Just saying, because these reviews are useless because of consumers just complaining about everything.

Justin Zlotky

Tennessee

"First time heat pump user, great purchase."

I had never heard of a heat pump until about a year ago when it came on the local news. When I had it installed it became one of the most efficient household products I have in my house. The best thing about it is the savings it provides compared to my old electric furnace. If what the salesman and news are saying is correct then I can save about $500 a year on costs. I haven't had to have any repairs but was told they will be easy fixes if needed. I would recommend this brand to a friend but also know installation is pricey.

Overland Park, KS

"Works well Now!"

I have owned this heat pump ever since I moved into my current apartment, and so it has been about 6 years now. My water heater was kind of acting up and costing me a lot. I liked that it was pretty small and cheap. The fact that it is really easy to move is also really good. The only problem was that it turns off by itself sometimes, and it was very frustrating. I have never had to replace it, but I had to get it repaired one time when it would not turn back on at all. The technician came over and he said that there was a shortage in the wire. He replaced it for me, and I only had to pay $5.99. It went dead after 3 years of having it. After it was fixed and repaired, it ran just fine. There were no problems after that. I had called the guys from the Home Depot, and they fixed it very quickly.

Klamath Falls, Oregon

"Not sure what i have, but it has been working for a while, and still going strong!!"

Neutral

I am not sure how long the pump has been here; it was in the house when I moved in. It has worked without issue for the four years I have lived here, and there have not been any major repairs that needed to be done. It is a little noisy, but I cannot complain about its performance. I like the fact that I know that it is a reliable pump, for it does not require constant costly repairs. I do not think the model is still on the market, but I do think that it is a great product, and I would recommend it. The most recent repair was the control board that got fried, and the part was not that expensive and the labor was okay, for it seem to be an easy task. Overall I believe this is a great appliance and a great brand.

Fort thomas, ky