Lennox Heat Pump Reviews

"Rusting Coils"

My unit is failed at 5.5 years. It games problems for over 6 months until it was finally determined that my evaporative coil had completely rusted out. This is a known problem within Lennox as there is an ongoing class action lawsuit in process for this very issue. I contacted who wanted all of the information including service records so they could plan their Cours of action which turned out to be nothing. I could have bought a Goodman and would have received better customer service. I will never buy another Lenox unfits.

B. Jones

Atlanta, GA

"Disappointed"

We built our home in 2012 and installed a new Lennox heat pump. It started having issues during our second summer in the home, and it completely stopped operating this spring, 2019. Since it has a five year warranty, Lennox will not take any responsibility for replacing it. My experience with its customer service department was ridiculous. This appears to be an inferior product, so you are not saving any money by purchasing it. If you plan to live in your home more than ten years, it is my opinion it's worth spending the extra cash on a more reliable brand.

Holly

Spring Hill, TN

"Most expensive mistake ever. Don't buy Lenox heat pump."

In July 2016 I purchased an expensive Lennox. The dealer told me my old unit was a fire hazard. I was a fool to fall for that, but I did the First winter it needed a new compressor. Ran 24/7 until the new compressor was installed. Granted this winter has been exceptionally cold, but it hasn't stopped running again. It is noisy, inefficient and a waste.My other unit is a Rheem. So much better!!!!! Lennox told me after the dealer gets the unit they are no longer interested. Go to the dealer with your complaints. As a senior, I cannot afford to replace it in only 2 years so I must suffer from the colossal waste of money. The most expensive mistake of my life. But in July in the desert you need air. Too bad it doesn't heat/cool all the rooms as well as the old unit did.

A. Cohen

Las Vegas, NV

"Junk junk junk"

First and worst heat pump I ever had, nothing but problems cost me a fortune in repair cost, nobody can fix it, all it ended up been is a very expensive fan, can't believe that even works, so pissed off. Do not buy anything maded by Lennox you have been warned.

Darren

Olympia, WA

"Would not recommend Lennox"

Didn't even see this model in the selection. I guess after they figured out what a crummy product this was they discontinued it. We had a Rheem for over 20 years with no problems. And we now have 2 xp17 units from Lennox. We bought these 5 years ago and have had nothing but problems with 2 separate units. They freeze up when we have a cold rain. Both blow out cold stale air when defrosting. No one seems to be able to fix this problem and Lennox wants us to contact our contractor who has not been able to fix this problem since we had it installed. Would not recommend Lennox.

Sherry