Lennox Furnace Reviews | FurnaceCompare®

Lennox Furnace Reviews

"My thoughts"

I'm just reading through most of the reviews you guys are writing. I am a HVAC technician from Boston. Each region of the country have different demands, example those in Florida wouldn't need the same equipment that someone may need in Denver. Florida needs more Ac and dehumidifications where in Denver you would more likely need more of a heating unit with humidifiers to add moisture in the air for the winters. At the end of the day, majority of the complaints I'm reading falls back on the contractor and whether or not they took the necessary steps to provide you guys with the exact needs for you. That's when sizing of the equipment both ac and heat because you have 2 different formulas the expert needs to know. 90% of the time its not the equipment's fault something goes wrong, its whether you routinely do service or if it was properly Installed. I stand by both Lennox and Bryant. They are in my opinion the most reliable units you can invest in. I Install them in my friends and family's homes. I just wanted to add my opinion as most of the complaints I've read were from not having it properly installed or techs that don't know what they are doing.

John D

Boston, MA

"GSR21Q4/5-100 GOOD FURNACE"

Somewhat Satisfied

We have had 5 of these in our building, for 20 + years now. This is a discontinued model, so its not like your going to go out and purchase one. One unit we replaced because of leaks from the condensate drain pan, and oh yeah, the motor burnt out. Another one is on the chopping block because it has multiple issues, it has become a financial sink hole, and the administration here has finally agreed to replace it. The pulse technology is kind of scattershot, no one else uses this type of ignition. Of the other three, one runs on ac/ fan all the time, for a server room, so the gas furnace is not used much if at all. Two others still work good, but sometimes they overheat and shut off for no apparent reason. Recently I repaired a condensate drain line leak at the unit. Change the filters every three months, and get it serviced once or twice a year, you should be fine. One other problem with this line is the ac coil is inaccessible, so that you can not get in to clean it. The coils should be cleaned every three months when you change the filters. I am a maintenance person writing this on behalf of the property owners.

Brian H

Washington, DC

"Very unreliable"

I bought a Lennox g61mpv in 2006. soon after, it started leaking water all over the places. Now at about 10 years, it quit working! Inducer fan and blower both stopped working! Bad quality.

Bo Lu

Salt Lake City, UT

"Five weeks before breakfown!"

It's a new furnace installed in May. Therefore we didn't turn it on until five weeks ago and it began to get cold. As of Sunday, it stopped working altogether. The technician tested everything and found that the motherboard was shorting out. We live in California the closest motherboard is in Texas. By the time it is delivered and installed we will have been without heat for 5 days and a home with a bone marrow transplant patient. I'm horrified that something could break down so quickly and now I'm very very suspicious about what else is going on in that unit

Safeena

San Francisco area

"Poor service"

It's winter time and my Lennox furnace has let my family down again. Last time is was ignitor. Was informed to purchase a better quality one from Lennox. I did, and don't you build them with good ones in it? We are having furnace issues again as are a couple of my friends. My friend called for repair 2 days ago. Still nothing. I called today. I'm worried. It's -25 here. Other service people won't touch Lennox products.

Albert Bellerive