Lennox Furnace Reviews

"Never buy Lennox from Costco"

Major reason to never buy Lennox furnace from Costco is that Weathertech Is very bad installer. They refuse to honour warranty and Costco does nothing to make them.

C Spain

"Never buy a Lennox"

Neutral

I have no idea whether the problem is with the furnace or the only people who are allowed to service it. Terrible>>> Do not buy one, because there are only their "professionals" who can service them…They have been here five times in the last year and still have not fixed it.

p l

Pennsylvania

"Lennox Furnace is a piece of junk"

I have a 4-year-old Lennox Elite Oil Furnace that is junk. It was poorly installed (fuel oil running out onto the floor from the outside filter forming a large pool on the floor 2 days after installation) and has repeatedly leaked fuel oil inside the furnace. Fuel oil drips from under the assembly. I have had the authorized dealer/service firm (McKean in Washington, Pa) in here multiple time to fix it, and it just continues to leak. In November of 2016, I spent a 3 week period largely without heat. I gave up every vacation day, personal day and sick day for that entire year to be off work so McKean could come in here nearly every day. Got it started when they got here, only to have it stop, leaking oil and with the lockout light blinking in as little as an hour. They have replaced multiple parts. They put shims in to lift one side. They most recently (in the last 2 weeks) replaced the entire assembly. It still leaks. I have to remove the front and wipe fuel oil several times a day or the air filter gets soaked. Even so, the filter gets oil on it (from the top and bottom) and has to be replaced every several days or it stinks. The house smells like fuel oil. I have contacted Lennox corporate several times. They refer me back to the dealer (who is now charging me for failed repairs, $300 the last time) and to the district rep (who is not only no use, but offers inappropriate comments – like not understanding why I am upset about this and that I need to confront their authorized dealer on these charges for failed repairs). I'm beginning to think that being a retired, unmarried woman may have something to do with why I am being ripped off and run over. I paid $3,500 for this furnace 4 years ago, and have paid close to $600 more for failed repairs. I have never had an experience like this in my life. Short of litigation against Lennox and their authorized dealer/service (which this may come to), I'm not sure what to do next. Is there anyone out there who fix this junk Lennox furnace? If so, you can respond via email or pm me on Facebook. In the meantime, I'm letting others know about my experience so that they can make an informed decision as to the brand of furnace they purchase and from which dealer.

Lynn Fischer

Pennsylvania

"Costly, high maintenance"

The advertising budget should be spent on trying to get quality.

Dale

Canada

"This product is no good."

Bought unit and furnace in 2015 couple of months furnace froze.techinan came and fixed it. Then last year 2017 had to call technician to come cause found water leaking. Technician came out and fixed it. I pay every month, so they can come and services my furnace. Of course technician said everything okay. Well winter has been pretty cold, well we would sat heater at 79 and up 80 degrees, and it would not come on. House would be at 69 degrees and still heater would not come on til hour later. Technician came out twice charging $75.00. said it was a part that was needed. Again I had to call for them to come out cause it was doing the same thing. Strand's brothers is the company that we went through to get the Lennox Ac. So I'm told that it's a part that is freezing up and delays the gas to flow through. After I have been complaining about it. Was told that I have to pay for the labor of $199.00 for them to come out and install. I don't think I have to for a them to come and put in a defective part that should have been check in the first place. I would not recommend strand's brothers or Lennox.

Gloria