Other Elite Reviews
An HVAC installer writes on the hvacsite.com forum about a problem with his personal Lennox Elite furnace. He is having trouble with the fan turning on and off properly; the experts at the forum agree that the problem is probably a faulty electrical board.
Another post on hvac-talk.com points out the fact that most HVAC forums highly recommend Lennox and Carrier products. Installers often say a homeowner cannot go wrong with these companies, and they should compare warranties, rebates, and tax credits to make a decision.
A writer on diychatroom.com has inherited a Lennox Elite furnace with the purchase of an existing home. He does not believe it has been serviced, and he is having problems with fan noise and the thermostat. The contractors online direct the homeowner to clean several parts on the furnace, and then see what happens. The post makes a good point about regular service check-ups.
Question and Answer
I need the meaning of the diagnostic light codes on the control board of a Lennox Elite Series
The answer may vary slightly by model number. Here are the error codes for the Lennox EL195:
- Off: No power to control or board fault detected Heartbeat: Control powered − displayed during all modes of operation if no errors are detected
- 1: Reverse Line Voltage Polarity
- 2: Improper Earth Ground
- 3: Burner failed to light, or lost flame during heat demand
- 4: Low Flame Signal − check flame sensor
- 5: Watchguard − burner failed to light, exceeded maximum number of retries or recycles.
- 6: Ignitor Circuit Failure − not available on this control
- 7: Primary or Secondary Limit Open or Watchguard Mode − Limit Switch Open longer than 3 minutes
- 8: Rollout Switch Open
- 9: Pressure Switch failed to close or opened during heat demand 10 Watchguard − Pressure Switch opened 5 times during one heat demand 11 Pressure Switch stuck closed prior to activation of combustion air inducer
- 10: Flame Sensed without gas valve energized
- 11: Low Line Voltage
- A “Heartbeat” is indicated by a “Slow Flash” − 1 sec on 1 sec off, repeating
- Error codes are indicated by a “Rapid Flash” − the LED flashes X times at 1/2 sec on 1/2 sec off, remains off for 3 sec, then repeats
- Last 10 error codes are stored in memory − To recall, press and release button, most recent will be displayed first, LED off for 3 sec, then next error code is displayed, etc. To clear error codes, depress and hold button longer than 5 seconds.
Lennox Elite Model Numbers
The Elite is available in different models which vary in efficiency and capacity.
||BTUs per Hour
The Lennox Elite series offers a five year warranty on parts and ten years for the compressor. Depending upon the model, the heat exchanger carries a twenty-year or limited lifetime warranty. Lennox also offers an extended warranty, available for purchase.