Lennox Air Conditioner Reviews

"Very unhappy"

I bought a brand-new house from Lennar. It had a Lennox furnace. I had problems from the beginning. Just found out that I need the evaporator coil replaced. Lennox will give me the coil but I need to pay for the labor. The labor will be around $1000. It is just shy of two years of owning the furnace. The coil should last longer than that. There are multiple leaks in the coil. I will never buy nor recommend a Lennox furnace. I called the company with my complaint and was told there was nothing they could do. I told them I thought this was an inferior product.

L. Gustafson

Winter Garden, FL

"Coompletely failed to function after 4 years"

The unit, recommended & installed by Weather Master of Knightdale, North Carolina, completely shut down only after 4 years of service. My previous one by Trane worked for 22 years (1989-2011) without any problems.

Winston

Raleigh, NC

"It's been a hot weekend in my house!"

We had our unit installed less than 4 years ago. We have maintained preventive maintenance and have enjoyed our cool house until Friday! The company who installed our unit sent a young technician out for a simple filter system change and cleaning of the outside unit. After he left, the unit never worked again! Now I know this may sound like a technician problem, however, we bought our unit because of the Lennox name and reputation for quality. What we are hearing is that they can't find the parts to fix it. In the meantime, we are confined to the bedroom of our home with an upright portable unit. The rest of the house is 86 degrees. We are very unhappy with the lack of service after the sale.

Peggy fDykes

Lawton, OK

"Serial #5169M11254, it's about 20/30 years old, it was well worth whatever they paid for it."

Model # illegible. It's that old good luck finding one that will make it 20/30 years. Keep 3 things in mind: 1. Size matters; 2. Get one that Energy Saver gives your state or city a rebate for saving energy; 3. Take care of the central air unit – change filters often, (1) time a month, clean the compressor and cover it in the winter! A little preventative maintenance will make the unit last well past the warranty!

s. Cranston

Newton, KS

"Disappointed homeowner"

We bought our house new about 8 years ago. When I saw that the builder was putting a Lennox AC unit in, I thought I was going to finally get a good unit, since I thought they were supposed to be top notch. Just had a repair guy out last night, which is the 3rd time in eight years, to have it fixed! Years ago the AC units would normally last about at least 15 years or so, now they are crap!

JERRY