Lennox Air Conditioner Reviews

"Don't make the mistake I did"

I paid 8800.00 for a new Lennox unit. Needless to say that after 2 years this unit has stopped working. The dealer that sold me this unit said that a "valve" was the problem. Fixed the valve, still not working. I have asthma and live in Florida and needless to say it is hot. I have been without air for about a week now while they are trying to figure out what is wrong with this unit. To make things even worse I have to pay the service company that is fixing it 600.00 because the parts may be covered but the service isn't. I have never dealt with such a not so nice company. Beware and really do your homework when buying an ac unit.

Cindy Demos

Pensacola, FL

"They Stink"

Do not buy an air conditioner from this company. Many years ago I sold new construction and the company at that time had a good reputation. Our local heating and cooling company, Care in Columbus Ohio, recommended them and we bought a unit. I did not work properly from day one. All it has done is run up our electric bills, and empty our bank accounts for work that never fixed anything. The local company was just as bad as Lennox. If you live near Columbus Ohio do not use Care Heating and Cooling. They could care less about the work only about your check book.

Laurie Block

Dublin, OH

"Don�t Buy"

We purchased Lennox Ac/ heat central air for my elderly parents so they would be compfortable in both summer and winter. The unit was installed in June 2017 they live in Fl so the heat was never used until late Nov. 2017 the installers had came out noticed the Rebersal Valve wasn't working properly we were informed the part is covered under warranty however to change the part the Freon had to be emptied and to replace the Freon would cost about $160 (money which they do not have). I called Lennox and was told they only covered the part I told them the unit came defective and is less then 6 months old they shouldn't pay anything out of pocket . Lennox then told me the units are checked before shipping so if something happens to them during transport it's not there responsibility and that's why they offer a warranty on parts. That is bs to have to pay for something that if it worked properly in the first place they wouldn't be in this situation now. The customer service line you have to wait on hold for 11/2 hours for them to do nothing except read you the warranty information no exceptions.

Linda

Florida

"Lennox failure"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

Regarding prior posting…The conclusion to the Lennox complaint. Lennox reimbursed me $650 of my $750 out of pocket labor charges after complaining in a letter to the president of Lennox I still feel uneasy about whether these early failures will continue.

rod scales

Dallas, TX

"Quality"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

I purchased our Lennox ac unit 3 years ago from Costco and now I'm told by Collins ac who installed it that the coil is leaking and needs to replaced at a cost of $600 plus for labor as the coil is under warranty. If I recall wasn't there a class action suit against Lennox for faulty tubing in their coils? What became of that suit and how was it settled ?

John sweet