Keeprite Furnace Reviews

"Keeprite furnace"

Keeprite products are poorly designed. I am a licensed gas technician. I have had a Keeprite furnace for 2 years (the furnace is 2 years old from the install date). It's a 2 stage 80,000 BTU unit. So far I've had to replace the following parts: 1. Blower motor noisy (only after heating cycle is finished) 2. Replaced motor (issue is resolved) 3. Gas valve on high fire solenoid valve would chatter only on higher fire (Replaced gas valve no more chattering — issue resolved) 4. Pressure switch faulty (replaced switch — issue resolved) The furnace was installed level all venting sloped correctly. Tried to report issues to manufacturer no tech support line or anyone that cared. All parts were warranty but if they're failing after 2 years I guess I'll be changing the furnace when the warranty runs out. Plus there would be 500 to 1000$ in labor costs to trouble shoot and pick up and replace all these parts. From my experience, Lennox modulating furnaces are best, or Luxaire modulating.

Drew

Toronto, Canada

"Furnace review"

Somewhat Satisfied

Have had this furnace since 2010. A little noisy on start-up and has been reliable so far except for a dirty flame sensor that had to be cleaned in 2015.

ben

"Very silent"

After reading all the negative reviews, I relied on a Keeprite dealer's assurance and installed Keeprite. I must say it is very silent, has all the advance features like communicator. It's variable speed but still less expensive compared to well-known brands. I think you need to installed through a good hvac contractor. I use HANDC.ca.

A Patel

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

"Avoid…."

Furnace has been a money pit (and, in winter, a worry pit) from the 5th year on. For money reasons I have lived with it for an additional couple of years but it is history as of now! Buy something else!

B. Ferguson

Dundalk, Ontario, Canada

"Unreliable operation"

We had a new Keeprite furnace installed in May 2014. Worked fine during the winter of 2014 / 2015. This winter the furnace will not start on many occasions unless I shut it down and restart it at the breaker panel. Then it will start up and shut down a number of times before getting the house up to the desired temperature. Our service person / installer tested the unit and could find nothing wrong even though the green LED was flashing various error codes. Very frustrating as we had a 1980s Lennox Pulse furnace in our old house for 22 years and never had a problem. Will never buy a Keeprite product again.

Perry Camisso