Keeprite Air Conditioner Reviews

"22 years and counting!"

Came across this site as looking for furnace however couldn't pass up opportunity to pass on my experience with our Keeprite Air conditioner. It's old but have had no problems at all with it and it is still keeping us cool!

s smith

Brantford, ontario

"Pray it never breaks down or you have to get parts"

The best time to determine whether equipment is worth buying is when it breaks down and has to be replaced or repaired during the warranty period. Keeprite fails this test with flying colors. We had our unit for less than a year and only used it for about a month when it was determined that there was a pinhole in the condenser coil outside. It was determined that this was a factory defect. Rather than replacing the entire unit which should have been done, Keeprite would do no more than authorize replacement of the condenser, even though the compressor has been compromised by being run with no Freon in the system. To add insult to injury it has been almost three weeks and the part has still not arrived. Apparently is in stuck in Customs. Word of advice if you live in Canada is don't buy Keeprite!

Juergen Mueller

Kamloops, Britixh

"It Must Be Almost 40 Years Old and it's STILL Goin'"

In 1999, when my parents moved into this house, the unit was deemed to be 25 to 30 years old by the HVAC tech that serviced it that year. Yes, it should be replaced with an energy efficient unit and this is the year for that new unit. My point is the quality of this Keeprite unit cannot be denied. I only hope that as a previous reviewer stated "they have also been affected by industry consolidation so I was unsure if the reliability would still be there". I certainly hope the reliability is as good and will be looking for the "highly regarded Copeland Scroll Compressor (vs. a typical reciprocating compressor) which you typically only find in higher end units of their competitors" that was also mentioned.

K. Pellegrino

Monmouth County, NJ

"Satisfied so far"

We bought this brand without much research just because it is cheap. But luckily, it has been there for 6 years. We never had any problem with it. Is it just lucky?

Jean L

Ottawa, ON

"Satisfied So Far"

Replaced our a/c Aug 09 with a new Keeprite and so far it's performing well. I've had Keeprites in the past and have always been very satisfied with them, but they have also been affected by industry consolidation so I was unsure if the reliability would still be there. Many of the "pros" around will tell you that it's lesser quality equipment than Trane, Lennox, Carrier, etc. but my own research shows that many of Keeprites standard units use the highly regarded Copeland Scroll Compressor (vs. a typical reciprocating compressor) which you typically only find in higher end units of their competitors. Keeprite doesn't have a dealer network so just about any Joe with a contractor's license can purchase and install one. The upside is that prices can be lower. The downside is that the Joe you get to install it could be a rank amateur.

Mark W.