Janitrol Furnace Reviews

"JANITROL/GOODMAN"

Furnace has been perfect with the exception of a control board that I damaged by having a water leak on the floor getting sucked into the blower section spraying the control card. $50 on e-bay. will buy another. 92+ condensing furnace if this one ever wears out.

J. CARPENTER

"Janitrol 80+ Gas furnace"

In 23 years I only had to replace the stepdown transformer ($23.00) that supply power to the control board. Ever since its been working great, I would buy another one.

JANITROL

"Mark Sinclair"

The furnace has been a constant problem. We have had to replace the mother board, all the flame out sensors the blower motor and now the heat exchanger has cracked and rendered the furnace inoperable. We will be replacing the furnace with anything but a Janitrol/Goodman.

Mark Sinclair

Barberton, Oh

"Janijunk"

My first janitrol was installed in 1990. It was terrible. It constantly had trouble igniting. My furnace technician was out at least 3 times a season to fix it. After the 5 year warranty was up, I demanded a new furnace. I got one at no charge and was thankful. However, the new one had the same problems! At my wits end, I hired a new furnace guy who was honest and found that the burners were defective and it was a consistent problem with the janitrol. He fought for me and with the company (they weren't initially cooperative and leave a lot to be desired in their customer service) and eventually it was fixed properly. That was 7 years ago and it's worked fine since but I will never have another Janitrol installed in my home again.

L. Pfeifer

Pittsburgh, PA

"Lorraine"

This furnace has been in my house for over 50 years and it is still working great. I bet this would be good advertising. All the plumbers say I should buy a new one, but why fix something that is not broken and it work great for 50+ years. If something does go wrong I would need to find someone with 50+ year old parts. LP

Lorraine Phillips