Janitrol Furnace Reviews

"Furnace problems"

Bought the furnace 7 years ago. Year 5 the ac coil unit went out (didn't call for service until yr 6) which meant it was out of warranty., Cost $1,000 to fix. Now it is year 7 – the ac compressor has gone bad. The whole unit has to be replaced. Would not recommend this company to any one. Going to Goodman.

K. Keller

Fair Haven MI

"Dependable Ninety Two"

I replaced my old furnace with the "92" back in about 2000. The furnace worked fine for the first year but every year since something has been wrong with it. This year it has broke down twice already! I will be replacing it this year. I would not recommend this furnace to anybody!!

Matt

"21 years still kicking"

I have a 90 plus efi. gas janitrol furnace for the money and the years i have gotten it's the best to me .

Gary

thornville ,ohio

"Poor Quality"

We purchased a Janitrol for a new house being built in 2004. This was for a summer home where the air conditioning (if ran at all) was only on during the weekends. 5 years later the air conditioning unit stopped working. Since it wasn't really hot that summer we didn't miss it and didn't have it checked out. This summer I finally had someone look at the unit and the air conditioning unit was leaking. It cost over $1,000 to get it fixed. I will not be purchasing a Janitrol again.

K. Keller

Troy, MI

""The Dependeable Ninety-Two" Piece of Junk"

When I moved into my home, I found a Janitrol in the closet of an addition room. But, it wasn't too hard to find in that every time it went on and off it sounded like there was a jet landing in the room. It has broken down several times, and now it is cracked, leaking, and shorted out. I am going to repace it with anything but a Janitrol (Goodman). Based on my research, it appears that Janitrol originally made a good unit that lasted for a very long time in the past. However, units made within the last 6 to 10 years appear to be highly problemtic. I would caution anyone considering this unit to run, not walk away from it. The only upside to this, is that I will replace it with something that doesn't have an addiction to repairmen and a unit that is quiet and doesn't frighten me every time it goes on or off.

Sandra L.Wirth