Janitrol Furnace Reviews

"All about my Janitol furnace"

Somewhat Satisfied

I have owned my Janitrol furnace in my Pittsburgh home for around 20 years now. It has been through some tough cold northeastern United States of America, specifically Pennsylvania, winters. It has also seen some of the hottest summers in the northeast of the United States of America. There are times that I lean on this unit to produce ample heat to remove the chill from all floors and rooms of the upstairs of my home, and it makes it an extremely livable environment in my home. Being able to evenly heat my home is very important to me. Alas there are times that it does not produce enough heat for the upstairs of my home, or if it does the temperature is not to my expectation. This is the only reason i have ill feelings toward my furnace. This is a simple furnace without all the new bells and whistles. It is very analog in its controls.

Pittsburgh, PA

"18 years dependable!"

We had our new home built in 1996. Indiana winters aren't always kind. The only trouble we have ever had is the igniter failed once. I love it and am very grateful for it. I would definitely buy another whenever it gives out!:-)

Karen Doerflein

Connersville, IN

"Janitrol dual heat furnace"

I have 3 units in my house, all Janitrol. Second Floor – replaced the Evaporator coils. Third floor has been fine, knock on wood. First floor, which is the dual heat furnace. Nothing but problems. Replaced the evaporator coils, both motherboards and one motherboard twice and I am not into a full 5years. Warranty covers parts, but labor kills you. I will never own a Janitrol or Goodman again. I used to be a carrier/trane owner and had no problems.

Ross Creasy

Mechanicsville, VA

"Electric furnace"

Had a Janitrol electric furnace put in my house in 1973 when the house was built (all electric home)—cannot speak good enough about it–have only replaced the coils once–have never had one problem with it–at the present the a/c is wearing out and needs to be replaced—the only problem is living in a small rural community and should help be needed due to problems I have to contact someone 60 miles away—-some people have never heard of Janitrol–can not complain.

Kip Wilson

Rushville, Ill

"Dependable 92"

Built my house in 2001 and put in the Dependable 92. 3 to 4 times a year had to have service call to get it to work. The only thing dependable about this furnace is you can depend on it to break down every year! I had a 50 year old boiler in my old house and never had a problem, even after my basement flooded and it was underwater.

s r f