Intertherm Heat Pump Reviews

"Died after 19 years"

The 3.5 ton unit lasted 19 years. Everything is rusted but the darn unit just kept working … for 19 years. The reversing valve failed and the unit is pushing hot air … in the summer. I'm not repairing it of course. Getting a new unit.

Al

Tampa, FL

"CYCLING"

House set to 67 degrees at night and to heat home to 70 degrees at 6 am. Heating cycles for 3.5 hours coming on and off ever 5 to 7 minutes. Cycling back on and off is driving me crazy when the thermastat says 70 degrees already by 6:30 am. Installer says this is normal but electric company and two other contractors say it's not? I'd love imput to tell me this is normal for a heat pump or is not normal. Contractor says he'll do no more because it's working properly? Cycling on and off every 5 to 7 minutes for 3.5 hours to raise the house temp 3 degrees?

Jim Girard