Intertherm Air Conditioner | Reviews | FurnaceCompare®

Intertherm Air Conditioner Reviews

"Want another one"

My home had an Intertherm 3 1/2 ton 12 SEER HVAC split system installed brand new in 1999 when it was built. I have been overly happy with it. Even though it is not efficient anymore it still works. The only issue I've had is that the coil now has a slow leak so it's time to replace it. I think I got more than my money's worth out of it. Great product still running after 17 years. I am looking into getting another to replace it. Great job Intertherm!

Toni Brown

Louisburg, NC

"Intertherm A/C"

This a/c unit came with my Fleetwood manufactured home in 1991. Around 2002 I replaced the inside coil because of rust in the pan which leaked on my fuse panel (also replaced). Now you can just buy replacement pans. I've replaced the condenser fan motor a couple of times with generic motors, and replaced a compressor relay that was damaged by lightning. I recently thought my compressor was finally gone but it was again a fan problem. I don't think I can truthfully say anything bad about an a/c that has run continuously for nearly 23 years. I just hope that when it finally dies I can get another just like it (14 seer of course).

Bob Buckner

Hephzibah, GA

"Nothing but trouble – don't buy one."

We have had an Intertherm in our house since it was new 8 years ago. We have had nothing but issues with the unit, resulting in at least one repair a year and well over $2000, not including the compressor, which we need to replace this year as it is no longer working. We will have almost $4000 into an 8-year-old a/c unit by this summer. We live in a nice house, built by a reputable builder, so we are confident that the issue is with the a/c unit and not anything related to installation or structure. Warning…don't do it!

Lori Lepow

Weirsdale, FL

"Intertherm Split System"

We had our Intertherm split system installed when we had our modular home set up in 1993 and honestly never had our ac unit serviced and it just gave out last week and just a couple minor repairs to the furnace and it is still going strong!!I Would say Intertherm makes a very good product!

J.Frazier

Waxhaw N.C.

"Great Unit"

My central air conditioner and gas furnace was installed in 1998 with 6 year parts and labor warranty. Only problem was a recall on the ignitor on the furnace, otherwise no problems!

Maxwell Morgan