HS Tarm Wood Furnace Reviews

"Tarm Sprung a leak"

Anyone else has a Team and the boiler erodes to where it creates a hole in the jacket drain UK NGOs all the water? This is the 4th team I know has done this. The other 3 within 8 years.

Jeff Whitten

Maine

"NA"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

Find ways to get put of warranty equipment. Calabration off on aquastats which cause unit to run hotter. This lead to load door to warp. Happened in year two of burning. Would not warranty the door, did not even offer a discount for new one. Aquastat is 20 degree of on calibration, had to keep adjusting till we got it running at proper temps.

Joseph Alcott

Pennsylvania

"Hate my Tarm"

Worse product I ever bought, do not buy a Tarm, I live in New Jersey, no one to service unit. Trouble since the day I bought it. Company sells you parts that you have to install with no guarantee that is the problem, you are totally on your own. Expensive piece of garbage

RON

"Solo Plus 40"

I am in my 11th heating season with my tarm Solo Plus 40 and it is an incredibly efficient unit. For maximum efficiency you must have "turbulators" or restricters in the heat exchange tubes. Using those, and a heat storage tank, my unit is well over 90% efficient. As for cleaning, I brush out the heat exchange tubes 2 or 3 times per season. I heat a 3500 sq ft house, 3 stall garage and my domestic hot water on 7 to 8 cords per season. (Michigan) As for maintenance, I replaced the rope gaskets in the doors once and the lower refractory unit twice for a total cost of less than $300 in 11 years while saving thousands of dollars on propane in that time. It takes a little finesse to operate and maintain but is well other the effort. I highly recommend any tarm product.

J. Lobbezoo

Alto, MI

"no maintenance?"

Neutral

As far as warming this 3300 square foot house it has been very satisfactory, using about 6 cords of wood a year or more. On the other hand it constantly needs cleaning, every two weeks through the heating season, a dirty unpleasant job. Now I'm told I need to replace all the refractory brick after only 5 heating seasons, $1.200. A chessy set of fiberglass gaskets costs $50! Very disappointing. I wouldn't believe these other reviews if they are of the Solo 40.

anthony siciliano