Heil Furnace Reviews

"31-plus years trouble free!"

Long story short- I purchased a home back in 2005 and, according to my Heil paperwork, this was installed in around August of 1984. To date in 11 years, there have been no service calls and no problems. I'm looking at another Heil – just hoping and praying for another one like this to last me well into retirement!

J.Frank

New Berlin, WI

"Noisy blower motor"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

Purchased 7/16/14, it was installed correctly and checked twice after installation. The blower motor is loud and makes a vibrating sound when it winds down just before it stops. It's loud during the day and with no other noises mixed in it sounds really loud at night. The installer checked it out and said he could change out the motor but said the new one would act the same, referring to one he had at his own home for several years that does the same thing. I wish he would have told me about that before I purchased it, but I guess I am doing the same for other interested parties to know before purchase.

J. Sobczak

Germantown, WI

"Do not buy one of these!"

This furnace was installed less than a year ago and has never run more than 3 days at a time. I have spent more than triple the cost of installing it on 4 different very reputable HVAC contractors and none can fix it. All say the problem is with the condensate system but no matter what is done it will not function properly. Heil tech support does not exist and the dealer that sold the unit just says "sorry to hear that, mine works fine". The only option is to replace it to have heat more than 3 days at a time. Thank you for wasting my time and hard earned money, Heil.

dan

PA

"Absolute crap!"

I bought a new furnace and central ac from Heil. It's less than 10 years old and the heat exchanger rivets sheared off! Then I find out the unit has a recall – warranty? But Heil would not stand behind it because I did not have the company that installed it service it every year! What a bunch of bull. What was paying them $100 every year to "clean and inspect it" every year going to do to keep the rivets from shearing off? The bi-ch I talked to from Heil really got a kick out of telling me they were not going to help me because I didn't have it serviced yearly! Never again!

Steve Attoe

Wisconsin

"Very noisy"

The unit is very noisy. You cannot sleep in our bedroom because of the loud noise of the unit. I am going to get a new unit and it will not be a Heil. John

J.Hurd