Heil Furnace Reviews

"Heil gas furnace"

This gas furnace is 1 year and half years old. First 2 months had to replace the motor & circuit board. Now the LED light is flashing 3 after the furnace has been running. After the burner goes off it will come back on in 15 to 20 seconds. Was told it needed a new air pump. It was put in one day ago and worked for 1 hour. It's back to doing the same thing. This furnace is the biggest piece of junk I have ever owned. Looks like I will be looking for a new brand of furnace.

V. Oriole

New York

"Purge blower failure"

The purge blower seized up after only 3 1/2 years of use. Our old Goodman we replaced, ran 20 years with no problems. I sure am glad I paid more and bought a quality brand name like Heil. Not! UPDATE 6/37/16: After replacing the purge blower that seized up this past winter (01/16), the main blower motor went out in the middle of our AC season. Heil is using cheap pos electric motors in their new furnaces. The motors should last more than 4 years.

J Bob

Iowa

"Inaccurate reviews"

As I am reading these reviews I can't help but laugh. Heil is getting a bad rap by people who don't understand the root of the issues posted. I am a Heil Dealer in the Akron Ohio area and I am hear to tell you that a lot of these complaints are install related. I have been to the factory where these are built and they have nothing but the highest quality expectations, and guess what – they are made by the same manufacturer that makes Bryant and Carrier. These are very unfair claims against Heil. A lot of the complaints are also on older units. Give me a break. I don't care what you buy, if the equipment you purchase is not installed right nothing will last. Heil is an American made product built with pride. Keep this review in mind next time you shop for your new HVAC system and don't get caught up in all the misconception.

Mark Franks

Akron, OH

"Furnace & AC"

Replaced the blower twice in four years. The AC core leaked and was replaced. The furnace and AC unit were installed in June 2010. The unit is complete junk.

mark hess

Orchard Park, NY

"Heil furnace heat exchanger rivets"

I just had an energy audit on my home. The auditor found that my Heil furnace output was 35000 ppm of CO, the output should be 100 ppm or less. This is a known problem with Heil models, that the rivets in the heat exchanger shear and fail causing this high CO output. I was told my heating system would be condemned, I am now facing a 4000 dollar or more replacement cost.

Denis Ledoux