Heil Air Conditioner Reviews

"22 years and still going"

I don't have any complaints about my Heil. It has gone 22 years and is still running. The only thing we had to do to it was replace the fan motor and that is when it was 20 years old. I'm replacing it because, well, it's just not as efficient as the new ones! Guess what I'm getting!

scott

Simpsonville, SC

"Quality air conditioning system."

The system was installed in our house in 1998. Six years after it was installed, the outer coil was replaced due to a lightening strike. The repair was a success and the cost was covered by homeowner's insurance. It has been a very dependable unit with no other issues. I would highly recommend the Heil brand to anyone needing a new unit. The only downfall is that it is not as efficient as newer units. Our Heil air conditioner continues to provide us with cool summer days so we will keep it till it is ready to retire.

Brownsburg, IN

"Great system"

Excellent system installed by an excellent support team. I've owned homes with Trane, Lennox, Carrier, and the performance of this system is better than Trane. Don't buy the fear that some Trane dealers sell about ICP product quality; it's just that, fear selling. The fact is my first Heil lasted 25 years, my neighbor has one that is 10 years old and runs great. He too was sold the fear of ICP by a Trane dealer but he did not buy it. The good news is the same system in Trane is 30% more. Value is in performance, not price, and Heil has good performance in my system.

Michael M.

Coppell, TX

"Don't buy"

I had a Trane previously that lasted 12 years with no issues. I have had this Heil for 6 years and spent $4500 for a new blower motor and cooling coil part this summer. What, no warranty? Very disappointed. This was an expensive unit. Don't invest in this unit. It's a money pit and I would never get it again.

Mel

Philadelphia, PA

"Inferior design"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

Not a typical size of air filter, 13×21,5×1 is hard to obtain. Yet the filter does not fit well, leaving unprotected spaces through which dust is being sucked. Poor design.

John