Heil Air Conditioner Reviews

"Replacement compressor"

After the compressor went bad the system never fired up. It burned all the parts three or four times. System is bad now. Heil doesn't want to hear it. Never buy Heil.

KCroteau

rhode island

"Air conditioning coils just out of warranty"

Don't you all find it typical that as soon as your warranty expires your product fails? I am only 5 weeks over my warranty period and now have been told that no amount of complaining will help. I just have to pay to install new coils. You would think that a grace period might be in place. So disappointing.

Vicky B

Mebane, NC

"Too expensive & bad"

Brand new system installed in June 2011, and it's July 2016, 2 weeks after the motor warranty goes out, and the motor breaks. How does a motor break down in 5 years? I have seen systems running since the 90's. Literally, I would never recommend this company to anyone. Not to mention the terrible customer service. If you want a company that will never care about the customer needs or stand by their product when it fails, then please do purchase their overly expensive product.

Ashish Kalani

Reading, PA

"Worst AC brand"

In the 10 years we owned this unit it was serviced 5 times. It came with a cracked coil which the original installer refused to repair. Today I am replacing this piece of crap with a Trane or Carrier.

E.Bay

Bedford, IN

"Great unit"

I've bought and sold a lot HVAC equipment – Trane, Lennox, Carrier, Goodman, etc (they all pretty much share the same things) and I've been most pleased with Heil. The homeowners and contractors always want to blame the manufacturer but they should blame themselves. Some homeowners want to get the cheapest contractor and the cheapest contractor usually is someone that doesn't know a whole lot about HVAC. To the homeowners out there, make sure you get an HVAC company that you can trust and you know the company is knowledgeable. A lot of these reviews don't seem right. 2 bad transformers and a board? Sounds like a bad contractor to me. The units work great and haven't had much major or minor repairs. PS: It's the same thing as a Bryant, Carrier and Kenmore.

Edi