Heil Air Conditioner Reviews

"Heil 2-ton"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

Fan motor in the condenser unit failed after only 4 months. Took 3 days to get the replacement motor shipped, and it was bad upon installation. The installer has been very good and prompt to respond, but I'm not impressed with Heil.

R. Koch

St Petersburg, FL

"Very Pleased"

Our house is much more comfortable than it has ever been. The 2 stage unit works great, even when we have a lot of company over. I give a lot of credit to the installing contractor for asking the right questions and doing high quality work. And if I have any problems in the next 10 years, it's under warranty.

K Henderson

Doylestown, PA

"Unsatisfactory"

The unit is a good unit when working my unit is between 4./5 6 ye a rd taking care of no problems until now unit blower motor went out discovered a consistent problem with this unit. Replaced blower motor now having to deal with failed compressor 1 day apart. Installer states that blower motor is a known problem but no relief from manufacturer. Replacing blower locks me into replacing compressor will mean I will have invested all most half of what a new unit would cost with new warranty. Theses items are made in Mexico and have problems from the beginning. Heil needs to step up and take care of their customers as of now I will tell everyone I know not to deal6with heil products. Warranty in or out a unit this young should last longer. We have allow manufacturers to do this to us to long. Stand up for you products and take care of the buyers.

Blake Roulette

Pelzer, SC

"Service"

I bought this unit in 2009. In 2012 the variable speed motor went out. That was replaced by company who sold and installed unit. The unit has always been noisy. Here it is June 2017. The same motor went out again. The company ordered new one on Tuesday, here it is Friday no motor. They advised it should be in Monday, no guarantee. They advised company gets in no hurry shipping. They aren't sweating. Thank God I bought extended warranty or I would be screwed. They advised me with parts and labor these motors are $1500 to replace. Warranties are great but they don't cool the house while waiting on some moron to ship the part they are sitting on.

D. Davis

Ooltewah, TN

"5.1 ton Heil air conditioner"

We just replaced our 10 year old Trane that split at the seams, with a 5.1 ton Heil, and we are amazed how well it cools in 115 degree heat! The unit is super quiet and cost much less than many other brands. I'm not exact on the series or model that we purchased, but it is a heat pump type. We are elated at the quality and the price! It is important to have a good installer, as with any unit.

J. Nate